Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Luckyduckylikeafiretrucky

The Deal (Luckyducky and Creus)

Hope the title is appropriate enough, I thought since they were making a black market deal, that it would be a good title.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want the plot on here as well? I'm just going to post my character sheet.

"Failed plans should not be interpreted as a failed vision. Visions don't change, they are only refined. Plans rarely stay the same, and are scrapped or adjusted as needed."

tumblr_inline_nyvdc1rtr01ti2780_540.gif

Name: Lucy Tris

Picture: vampire_girl_by_anyamax-d6je1cd.jpg

Anime picture(if needed):  anime-cute-digital-art-fan-art-Favim.com   

Personality: Lucy is rebellious and just like a teen. She is quiet most of the time, and very aware. She likes to analyze things before barging into something. Some people call her calculated and cold, her friends call her calculated and warm. She loves romance, and she reads a lot. She does have a habit of not caring for other species besides her own, though. She is a rich kid, but she doesn't really flaunt it. She just wants to be a normal human, secretly. She is witty and sarcastic, though she can be stubborn and naive. She is a little bit of a smooth talker, but gets stressed easily under dangerous situations. She doesn't flirt, and usually tries to state her feelings bluntly. She definitely can't tell when someone is flirting, even if that person blatantly said they loved her. She is also a hot-head, and when she gets angry, tends to throw things.

History: Lucy was born in as a vampire to one of the well-known nobles. Her father is a political figure, and a ruthless one at that. He is very kind to his daughters though. She was born first, so she has a lot of responsibility. She has five other sisters, who are spoiled brats. As a child, her mother died bearing her first sister, and her father remarried twice, having two children with his first wife, and one with his second wife. He is currently married to his second wife, and the youngest daughter has just turned five. Lucy doesn't really like her younger sisters, except for the second born. Lucy stopped aging when she was 21, and is now give or take 100 years old. She had a rather lavished lifestyle, even though she was curious as to how the humans lived. She never really bothered to actually go across the border for blood, since blood was always supplied to her. Now though, her father is sick, and he can't work, so they are tight on funds, and Lucy must get blood for them.

Description: Lucy is about six feet, which is rather tall since her mother and father were short. All her tallness comes from her legs, which are long and slender. She has black hair that sometimes looks a little blue if you're looking at her at the right angle. Her eyes seem to change with the light, they vary from gray to bright blue. It is always hard to tell, but her eyes are in fact blue. When she is stressed, angry, or drinking blood, her eyes turn crimson. Her fangs don't retract, something that was slowly bred out of her family. She is pale like most vampires, but sometimes her cheeks are a rosy color when it is cold or extremely hot out. She weighs about 150 pounds, and is quite agile. She does have some strength in her arms, but doesn't really know how to use her vampiric strength to her advantage. 

Other?: :3

Last few posts:

Gus leaned back in his chair and shrugged his shoulders, looking bored now. "Alright, if that's how you really feel. I can't believe you don't trust ol'Gus to keep your plans under wraps," He said, closing his eyes and tapping his fingers on his desk. "If you can bring me one raids worth, I won't bother you again unless you find my idea more interesting," He lied, of course. Gus knew that this man was pretty smart, and he himself was not the best at looking honest. Lucy stood up, "Well, if that's all, I really would like to be going," She said, dusting off the front of her like she'd gotten dust all over her pants. "So, I guess I have to wait for that prey till I actually do this, right?" She said, putting her hand on her hip. Gus laughed and nodded, "Yes, that's right, girly. I can't just give away things, even though it seems I might be doing just that in the long run," He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. Lucy turned around to leave, but the dealer called out to her. She irritably turned back around, frowning, "What do you want?!" She snarled, her eyes turning red for a moment. "I think it's a bad time to go when your trial partner is actually here. Maybe you should, I don't know, speak to him?" Gus said, standing up.

The man opened the door out of the office and winked at Lucy, which in return she gave him a disgusted look. "I have to go attend to other customers, I'll be in touch though," He said before leaving. Lucy stared after him for a moment, muttering, "What a creep," before turning back around and looking Creus up and down. The crimson in her eyes died down to her normal clear blue color. She ran her fingers through her black hair, then scowled at the mage thief. "Sorry, for, you know, pulling you into all this crap," She muttered, crossing her arms and looking away from him. She didn't like the thought of apologizing to some low-life thief, but he did save her life. She owed him at least an acknowledgement. "So, uh, we should probably get out of his office," She cleared her throat and tossed her head back to look at the door. "If you really don't want to have me as a 'trial partner', I understand. I feel like you didn't really like this idea in the first place," She laughed weakly and wiped her face of any emotion so she wouldn't look at nervous as she felt. After an uneasy moment of silence, she shifted her eyes back to his face, "Do you- mind, showing me the way out? I was led back here and I wasn't really paying attention," She admitted reluctantly. She really didn't want his help, truly, he made her feel uneasy and uncomfortable. She crossed her arms and her eyes lit up, "Don't try anything funny either!" She deflated instantly, "I just want to leave here," She growled, clenching her fists. She turned around and walked to the door and took in a deep breath. "Are you ready to go?" She asked without looking back at him. 

Creus wasn't fooloed by Gus's act, he had seen his type one too many times in his black market deals. These type of people always came back to stir up trouble which was why he was being exeedingly cautious. Such a person would happily ruin someone else if it meant gaining whatever it was that they where after. While he didn't know for sure that Gus was this type of person he preffered to assume the worst and prepare for it just in case. The one thing he was cofident about was the unlikelyhood that this man would know his true identity. Mages didn't look any different from humans on the outside, they had no fangs or other telltale signs like some other supernatural creatures did. It made blending in easy as long as he didn't practice magic out in the open, which was something he rarely did and that was only for defensive purposes if he got attacked. As long as Gus didn't know, the mage thief could use the magic to his advantage to help him evade any particularly dangerous situation. There was one problem to that though, the vampire girl. Did she know he was a mage? Did she have a way of telling that he might not know of? Although he stole from vampires often he wasn't too famiiar with her kind and it wasn't like they went around showing off all their secrets, though he supposed that he might learn some things by working with this girl for a short time if he was lucky. Perhaps gaining some insight to her kind might just be worth this whole troublesome thing.

He kept his silence  and listened to the vampire girl speak after Gus left the office and stood up to leave, Blitz got up quietly behind him as well. Considering vampires where suppoed to be tough he found it oddly amusing that she seemed so nervous. She spoke quite a bit, almost like a nervous ramble and she even warned him about not trying anything funny.  When he finally spoke he sounded a bit amused. "Yes, I can show you the way out Miss Vampire and no, I don't have any interest in trying anything funny. I would not gain that double reward if I chased you away or got killed by you now would I? Follow me, we can work things out somewhere else, preferably your side of the city." His last sentence was stated mildly as he headed toward the door and out of the office, pausing to hold it open for her. "Also, if you plan on doing any future dealings with anyone in the black market you should be careful, they sniff out fear like a dog sniffs out a bone. They will be sure to take advantage of you or worse, I suggest you practice your poker face, learn how to be a bit threatening and make sure your well armed."

Lucy stared at him for a moment, then tensed up, her blue eyes hardening. "I'm not scared, Mister thief, I am simply using a vampire technique," She said, crossing her arms. She looked back at him as he opened the office door for her. "Thanks," She muttered, before going through the door. She then waited by the door for him to come out as well so he could lead the way. "I bet every single person here couldn't smell fear if it hit them in the face, me on the other hand, smell it like a musk. It's a horrible smell, like sweat or dirty bodies," She said, shrugging her shoulders. "So, you actually want to try out his plan? You really seemed against it," She said to him nonchalantly. She pushed her black hair out of her face and fanned herself. She could never get hot, and she never sweat, but for some reason, she felt like the motion was necessary. "You want to go to the vampire side?" She questioned, looking away from him to look into the crowded black market, where people were scurrying to pick stuff up and open up shop. "I guess since it's pretty late, we can head over," She then shook her head, "But the gates don't open till morning," She said without realizing who she was talking too. He did say he had been stealing from her side for a long time. She cracked a small smile, "But I guess you have your own way of getting in, huh?" She said, raising her eyebrows. Her gaze traveled down Creus' body and she looked down at the wolf. She didn't say anything, but she was curious as to why a wild animal was following this man around. She watched the wolf dog pet animal a little longer, before returning her stare to Creus' face.

"Uh-huh, yeah sure. Thats quite the interesting vampire tenchnique you had going their."  The mage thief said sounding more than a little amused now. "It was such an impressive and terrifying vampire technique you had going there, it certainly had everyone here fooled."  He teased as he stepped out the door behind the vampire, before stepping around her to take the lead again. As he started walking down the hall toward the room they had come from he considered her words. So vampires where highly attuned to scent like werewolves? That was interesting, unless this vampire was just trying to cover up her actions earlier.  "I am one hundred percent against it, this will only lead to trouble in the future for both of us, however you need blood and I need money. So..." he said trailing off meaningfully as he stepped into the shop where Gus and the others where. He didn't bother speaking to them, in fact he didn't say another word until he exited the shop and stepped into the blackmarket.

"Those guys will most certainly be trying to set up traps for us and trying to blackmail us so we wil have to be careful. Working for them once is dangerous but they never did state what kind of loot they wanted us to bring to them and how valuable it has to be. Anything that can their inspections should do, it should get you some blood and me some money. After that it would be best to break off all ocntact with them completely but it will give us both some time to find alternative ways to get what he need" He explained quietly one the shop door was closed and he moved away from them. He then proceeded to glance around the market, he still had a few things left to sell but he wasn't entirely sure that was the best course of action at the moment. He didn't want this vampire girl to know just how much he stole or worse recognize a peice. Plus he always made a trip to the ghettos as soon as he made money to buy food and other things for the orphans there. Somehow he didn't think it was such a good idea to show a vampire who was obviously seeking blood a place where plenty of orphans and homeless roamed, no one would report their disappearances. "And yes, I do have a way in and out of that place. All you need to do is follow me." Of course he had no intention of showing her the main route he used, instead he would go for a slightly more commonly known route among criminals.

Lucy followed him out of the black market, her gaze wandering over the many shops that they passed. On the way, she snagged one piece of jewelry that looked quite nice, and she would've been caught if the stall wasn't so crowded. She got away right before the guard could come barreling over. He lost sight of her immediately as they weaved through stalls. She put the piece of jewelry up to her nose and smelled it. It did smell like human mingled with vampire. Someone had definitely stole it, but it was a nice piece. It didn't have diamonds in it, just emerald charms that hung down like tentacles on the necklace. It was made of gold, but not the good stuff, it was mixed with some other metals. Full gold jewelry wouldn't sell because of how extremely delicate and breakable 100% gold really was. But this gold necklace in her hands was cheaply made, probably not worth much on her side of town. But here, it could have a little worth. Someone could buy food or shelter with this, she supposed. But she felt no guilt as she dropped the necklace into her pants pocket and patted it a few times. While she was walking, she felt something pinch her backside, and she whipped around to see a man had tried to swipe the fake diamond on her jeans, but only actually cut through her jeans onto her skin. She hissed at him, and he looked alarmed as he turned tail and ran. She went back to follow Creus closely, almost losing track of him the dirty place. 

"Really? Gus seemed like a totally nice guy, man I would trust him with my life. It's not like he tried to hold me captive or anything," She said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. "Alright, I wasn't really coming here to do business in the first place, all I was trying to do was feed my-myself," She said, stopping herself from saying 'my family'. She knew that this guy didn't want to hear her life story, and she didn't want him to know for some reason. Her family was none of his business anyways. "What about this creature following you? Is it your pet?" She asked, looking down at the wolf trotting beside Creus. She didn't really like dogs and any animal besides cats and snakes. Once, her father bought her an albino boa constrictor, and it almost killed her baby sister. It was quite funny, actually. Lucy nodded at Creus, falling silent when he said she just needed to follow him. "Aye, aye, captain," She responded with a salute. She kept her eyes straight ahead now, though her stare always flickered back to the mage thief's bobbing blonde head.

The mage theif seemed to pay little attention to the vampire girls theft, he didn't react or say anything but the entire time he silently studied her ability. She wasn't bad for a simple shoplifter but she wasn't good either. The guard had seen her and that could be a problem, if he had gotten a good glimpse of her. If he did and decided to take action he could warn all the shopkeepers in the area to avoid a vampire girl of her description, perhaps even have guards stop her upon return. In the black market it all depended on the influence of the guard who saw her and shopkeeper she had stolen from and how much they wanted that necklace back. Thankfully the shopkeeper only had a simple stand, the guard appeared to be nothing special and niether did the necklace. As long as she wasn't repeately seen stealing from people he doubted anyone would care enough to try to stop her. This was the black market after all and it was full of thieves, guards where here to protect stolen valuables but it was impossible to save everything in an area like this. As long as she didn't become well known for stealing fro vendors he didn't think any problem would arrise. He had occasionally stolen things as well though he typically avoided taking things from people he was going to sell things too, even if he got away undetected it didn't feel quite right to him. He knew it was a silly feeling but most of the people in the black market where not well off, they where just poor people trying to make a living by illegal means. Like anything else in the world the black market was devided by ranks, the was the poor which where the majority, those who where a little better off like gus who owned shops and then their where the rich and powerful big wigs of the market. Those where people even he preffered to avoid, they simply had too much power and he didn't think the money he could potentially earn was worth the risk.

A slight chuckle escaped the thief upon hearing the vampires sarcastic words. "Yes, he is a completely trustworthy family man after all" he responded with equal sarcasm. Gus wasn't the worst out there bet he was really no better than the rest either. "If you don't mind me asking, how soon do you need bood?"  He asked curiously, with the purpose of having an idea of when they would need to pull of this tag team theft. Some part of him was tempted to just suggest that she just go and catch someone but he didn't like the idea much at all. What would happen if all the vampires went and did that? He couldn't imagine such a thing ending too well, plus it would make him worry for the children he often helped out. "As for this creature?" he said gesturing toward Blitz. "He is my comrade in arms, he watches my back and listens for approaching trouble. Also he is a wolf and his name is Blitz" He stated, as the wolf glanced at him upon hearing his name. While he spoke of his wolf he approached the exit of the blackmarket nodding briefly to a guard before he held the door open for the vampire.

Lucy sniffed, and gagged a little at the smell of the black market, that was now just fully hitting her. She coughed and crossed her arms, just really wanting to leave this place, crawl in her bed, and sleep forever. "I mean, I don't need blood right away, a couple of days or more I'll be totally fine," She said, shrugging her shoulders. She saw the door up ahead and sighed, hunching her shoulders over. "Blitz, eh? Wolves give me the creeps, no offence to your buddy here," She said, jacking her thumb to the pet of the mage thief. "Maybe it's because werewolves aren't the kindest to vampires, or maybe it's just me," She said. She looked up at the guards by the door, who gave Creus a slight nod, and then looked over her with a look of disapproval. Her lip curled back slightly, but she exited the black market, looking back at Creus. "You don't have to worry about me though, I don't need blood 24/7. It's alright if we need to take our time or whatever," She said, shivering as her gaze traveled over the dilapidated area around the warehouse they were just in.  It was definitely worse than she remembered. She shook her head, "Let's hurry up and get back to the vampire side," She said, rubbing her arms. She didn't want to seem so nervous, but she felt like she was totally just giving herself away.

Vampires really where different creatures weren't they? The mage thief had heard that they don't need to eat, if drinking blood was called eating as often as other creatures needed to find sustenance. Perhaps what he heard was true, but then again he could survive several days without eating too. As a child he had no choice but to go through long periods without food but even when food was plentiful he still craved at least one meal a day.  Would a vampire eat every day if they could or did they naturally not eat as much and what happened if they didn't get food? Did they simply get weak and die like any other creature or did they loose control like some stories he had heard?

The mage thief let out a small sigh and continued to walk, his curiosity was starting to get the best of him so he did his best to suppress those thoughts. It was none of his business after all and once this whole trial was over they would surely head their separate ways. She would surely go back to her life as a vampire from the wealthy side of the world and he would continue to prowl the back streets of society looking for his next heist just as he always did.

"Well, I assure you that Blitz is no were-wolf though he might be tempted to take a bite out of you if you decide to your too thirsty to wait any longer." Once again he had to wonder if she knew that he wasn't human or if she even knew much if anything about his kind. There where many hundreds of different types of creatures out there, even he didn't know of them all. As he spoke he walked away from the market and began to weave his way through the maze of city streets. He mostly stuck to the darkest and most abandoned roads, allies and pathways. The neighborhoods where dark, the streets, buildings and walkways where all shabby and ill kept. The roads he traveled on where full of potholes, the sidewalks where cracked and crumbling and buildings suffered from all sorts of damage. Broken windows, acts of vandalism, cracked walls and foundations, over grown plants and the like affected almost every building.

Despite the similarity between streets the mage thief navigated them with ease and paid little attention the occasional homeless person sleeping on the street or shadow that vanished into the darkness.  He couldn't help all the homeless and he did not wish to attract the vampire to them any further by stopping to help them, though he somehow doubted that she would want to bury her teeth into something so grimy looking. As for the shadows? They mostly where merely homeless people or other criminals like himself trying to avoid being seen.  "This place can be pretty creepy at night but most of the people are fairly harmless. You do have to watch out for the occasional gang or person who might attempt to rob or worse and the self styled hunters of supernatural creatures. They believe it is their duty to hunt all things unnatural and have a tendency to attack without warning."

Lucy followed Creus through the confusing side roads and alleys, wondering if they were actually heading back to the vampire side or if he was just taking her deeper into the human slums. She shook her head slightly, No, I don't think someone like this would do that. What would be in it for him? I could probably kill him with one swift bite to the neck, She thought, her blue eyes wandering to his porcelain neck. She blinked the haze from her eyes after he spoke to her. When was the last time she fed? It had to be a few days, but that was alright, right? Her step mom could go weeks without feeding. If that stupid woman could do it, so could she. Lucy crossed her arms and let out a small smile. "I would probably do the same to him," She said, looking down at the wolf. She didn't like the taste of animal blood, but if she was starving, she would probably change her mind. After a moment, she looked around at the creepy setting which they were in. She felt a little shiver trying to crawl up her spine, but she suppressed it, frowning. You are being a complete child, these are humans, for God's sake. Lucy, get ahold of yourself! She cleared her throat, "I never even thought for one moment a human is harmful to me. The gang members, I could probably handle. I have never heard of supernatural hunters though. I have heard of specifically vampire hunters, but why would a human ever need to kill, say, a mage, or a fairy? What could possibly come from that?" She said, mostly to herself. Humans were so primitive, with their tiny weapons and mass self-destruction. Her lip curled into an amused grin and she laughed softly. She was talking about humans, of course. Nothing much can be expected of them. I mean, look at this place, so dirty and disgusting. I don't understand how humans are like this.

A voice in the back of her head chided her though, and she remembered that the first vampire was considered a god, and to make other vampires, you had to turn humans. She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. Most people didn't have that power anymore though, venom had long since been bred out of the vampire race. There was no need for it, since vampires could be birthed by vampire women. Lucy looked up at Creus' head and tilted her own. Did she look like a god to these people? She laughed at the thought. She was one of the lucky ones, with venom. She could never really get the venom to work though, and she sometimes had it squirt out of her mouth without warning, and she swallowed it. It was a gross taste.

"Heh" The mage thief couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the thought of the vampire girl and Blitz biting each other. Although he sincerely did hope that such a thing wouldn't happen as he didn't want something bad happening to Blitz it created somewhat of an amusing image in his mind.  Who would win? He had no idea how strong the vampire girl was but he knew his lupine companion packed a nasty a bite. He has seen the animal chew threw bones plenty of times in the past and such a thing was not unusual for his species. Regardless of that though he knew well enough that if things did go badly he wouldn't just stand there and let something happen to the wolf, just as the wolf wouldn't stand by and watch something happen to him. "I don't know how strong vampires are compared to humans but I wouldn't be so confident if I where you. Gang members usually fight in large groups and some groups of hunters have been training to kill since they can walk. Some of them can be pretty nasty." Her words did confirm that she knew about his kind amongst others. "They always have their reasons to kill other races and those reasons aren't always the most logical. Some believe such things like all intelligent species outside of humanity are spawns of the devil and or they must erase us from the world in order to save it. Some are like that, some make up all kinds of reasons while others kill different species purely out of fear. We can do what they can't do, we might have powers, abilities or do things they don't understand. I stopped paying attention to their nonsense quite awhile ago but that doesn't stop them from attacking." 

His words where chosen purposefully with the intent of hinting at him being something other than human. He couldn't tell whether or not she knew but if they where going to work together while she was hungry he hoped it would discourage her from seeing him as a snack. It wasn't so much that he was afraid of being bitten but rather he was worried about the consequences. He could live with a little blood loss but he didn't know what vampire bites did to their victims and he didn't know how a vampire would react to a mages blood. He glanced over his shoulders back at the vampire girl. "We will be approaching the border soon. I do hope that you don't have an issue with water."  It was very faint but he could hear the sound of flowing water up ahead. He walked for a bit longer and came to a stop near some trees at the very edge of the city. "All we need to do is go through here, its a small relatively wet section of forest that borders the very outskirts of the vampire side. Its wet, muddy and the foliage is thick. It also runs right up to the fence in one area of the vampire side and the trees help provide cover for people and other beings to sneak through. Plus its not typically well guarded because of its distant location to the more highly populated sections of your city.  As long as we be careful and quiet we should be able to slip through relatively easily. That is if your up to hiking for a few miles anyway."

Lucy instantly picked up on his use of words. He said 'us' and 'we' a lot, which made her a bit more suspicious of who this man really was. He wasn't possibly a vampire, what would be the point of a vampire living on the human side and stealing from the rich. There were the few that thought the vampire race was despicable and went to live with humans, but this man didn't really seem like that type of person. She slowed down a little so she wasn't as close to him as she had been. She felt a bit more comfortable being out the city. She liked the wilderness much better than the big human cities. She loved seeing the tall pine and oak trees, as well as the dark green grass edging its way over the cement of the broken down city. "Water? Oh, that sounds delightful. Too bad I forgot my swimsuit," She said with a sarcastic tone. She really didn't mind water, she actually found swimming quite amusing. "As long as we're not neck deep in the water, I don't mind what-so-ever," She shrugged her shoulders and caught a little glimpse of Creus' face. She really didn't get a great look at him before hand, she just knew he had long blonde-ish hair. "Man, oh man, I would've brought my hiking boots if I'd known we were going into the swamps," She joked. She then went silent, knowing he was already probably annoyed with her little quips. 

"Hiking? Sounds easy enough," She said, rolling her shoulders and rolling up her jeans a little. "I'll try to go slow when were walking," She teased, her face not hinting to her tease. She looked dead serious, as she was trying to relieve stress by throwing her relatively funny remarks around. "Lead the way, Sargent Goldilocks!" She said, pointing her finger into the forest and waiting for him to start their way into the swamp.

"Don't worry, its not that deep where I plan to cross" The mage thief responded slightly amused by the vampires sarcastic response. So much for the rumors of vampires not being able to cross running water or something like that. He had assumed that most of what he heard where just stories made up by the hopeful or scared, so seemed to be the case for this one. It was unfortunate that he knew so little about the vampire kind, with so many stories and rumors about them it had always been hard to tell what was true and what wasn't. It didn't help that the life he lived was about as far removed from there kind as it could get. As a child he had been poor and homeless which was about the exact opposite of what most vampires where. That in addition to not being human made any contact he had with them few and far between.

At the time he paid little mind to the vampires sarcastic remarks as he entered into the woodlands. but when she called him Sergeant Goldielocks he had a slight pause in his step as he glanced back at her. He had been called Goldielocks before and he rather disliked that nickname. "I hope you didn't think sneaking into the vampire side would be easy" His tone was rather pleasant and his face held a cheerful smile but his cheerful demeanor did little to hide his thinly veiled treat "Be careful little miss Dracula, you wouldn't want me leading you into werewolf territory." Around them the trees where closing in like tall, dark looming shadows and the ground beneath their feet was getting softer and wetter.

Lucy followed him behind as closely as she could without making it uncomfortable. She already felt a little better leaving the horrible looking city, but her nerves returned a little as she felt the trees were closing in on her. She took a deep breath and put her sight straight ahead on Creus' head. She watched him like a hawk, not that she was suspicious of him, but he was the only way out of here she had. If he decided she wasn't worth the risk, he could just leave her here. She laughed softly at the thought, knowing he wouldn't get very far. She was probably ten times faster than him, it wouldn't be hard to rip out his little porcelain throat. Her mouth watered at the thought of blood gushing from someone's neck. She quickly shook her head at her foolish thoughts though. She could have blood after her work was done with this thief. And she could also use the persuasion of money to pick off a few of the lower ranking vampire's stock. They got their prey much more violently than she could ever think of doing. But it was food. She felt the ground get springier and mushy, and she wished she didn't wear her nice boots today. They were a favorite of her's. Maybe it was time to retire them, I mean, they wouldn't survive the rest of the way home.

"Little Miss Dracula? I mean, I'm alright with the stereotypical Dracula crap, but little miss? Do I look like a little miss to you?" She responded while untying her boots. She pulled them off of her feet and examined them while they walked. They smelled like the black market and mud was caked on them. Not the best impression for her father. She could just tell him they got ruined so she threw them away. Satisfied with what she would say, she looked towards the right and with a chuck, the boots flew across the forest, hitting the ground with a small 'clunk'. She crossed her arms as the familiar feeling of mud between her toes hit her. She loved it. "Werewolves, you say? That's pretty scary stuff right there, I'll be sure to keep a look out," She replied, shivering involuntarily. She was going to say something else, when she heard sometimes snap, and then a searing pain coursed up from her left leg. She gasped and ground her teeth, looking for the source. Her leg was caught in a bear trap, made of silver. She clenched her teeth even harder so she wouldn't just scream. The silver ate through her flesh, burning her skin. "Dammit," She hissed through clenched teeth, crouching down to see if there was any way she could pull it off without touching the silver.

The mage thief couldn't help but think that it was a little odd when the vampire through away her boots. Why toss a pair of perfectly good boots into the forest and walk barefoot? It wasn't something he would ever do but then again the purpose of his boots where to protect his feet from the forest. There where plenty of sharp objects with thorns and rocks just being some of them but he didn't bother to question her logic as he felt that it had little to nothing to do with being a vampire. Perhaps her body was just tougher than his and she was immune to such things or she would just quickly? Then again it was possible that she just didn't think such things?  Who knew.

A slight triumphant smirk crossed his face when the vampire woman responded, at least he had found a way to annoy her too, should she continue to call him that. It was perhaps  bit childish but he found it amusing none the less. "This forest is inhabited by all sorts of creatures. If you plan to use this route to sneak back and fourth between the territories you best keep yourself well armed and stay alert. Who knows what you can come across" Werewolves where hardly the only dangerous creature in these parts but they where the ones that had a particularly bad reputation with vampires. Even he who knew little about vampires knew this much. He continued to make his way along the narrow, muddy path as it wove its way through the forest when a familiar sound reached his ears. He had heard that sound before and winced involuntarily as he heard a sharp intake of breath. Turning around slowly to the vampire he gazed momentarily upon the trap. "It seems someone is trying to hunt werewolves.." He said trailing off as he cautiously approached the vampire. "Hold still" The thief said as he kneeled down in the muck besides her, well aware of the fact that he was putting himself in a vulnerable position in front of an injured vampire. He briefly glanced at Blitz before he focused on opening the trap. From past experiences he knew that these sort of traps could be exceedingly difficult to open so he didn't bother trying to force it open manually. Instead he used magic, drawing energy to his hand he summoned fire magic and heated the edge furthest from the vampires foot, softening the metal so it could be bent easily.

"You didn't want those boots, did you? Sorry, I forgot to ask," Lucy said through clenched teeth. She looked down at Creus with a look of fear. She got the feeling that the thief wouldn't hesitate to leave her if she was too much of a burden. And she could tell she was being quite the burden at this moment in time. "Probably should've left my shoes on, huh?" She whispered painfully, a laugh escaping her throat. She tensed up her shoulders as Creus took a few steps back. She stood up, watching him with fear, wondering if he was just going to leave her. She did not expect him to put his palm out towards her foot like some crazy wizard. Flames licked up the silver trap and started burning a small piece of her foot as well as making the silver a bit more pliable. "It's alright, my foot isn't that important," She said, mostly to herself. She crouched back down and tried to pull the metal off of her foot, but it burned through her hand easily, eating at her skin. She hissed and pulled her hands back, rubbing them against her shirt, smearing blood across it.

"God dammit," She said, wiggling her ankle. Of course, with her luck, it made it worse. She could feel the silver's sharp points gripping onto her ankle bone, a trap to make sure a werewolf couldn't escape without gnawing its own leg off. Her father had shown her a few traps like that, when werewolves were a bit more of a threat. She found it funny that a werewolf would have to gnaw off its own leg, but now she just felt sick as she realized how much it really hurt just having the trap attached to her. "I'm sorry, but do you mind removing the trap? I would do it myself, but silver really isn't my favorite metal," She said, the pain making her a little light headed. She didn't want her bone to snap from the trap, but if the bear trap wasn't removed soon, it was bound to happen. Wounds from silver really didn't heal as fast as normal wounds. They healed just about as fast as a human's healing rate. It wasn't pretty, to say the least.

While heating the metal the mage thief kept a careful eye on the vampire, his wolf staying close at hand. He had little idea about whether his was in danger or not. Did vampires loose control of themselves like werewolves did? So far she seemed about in control as any normal being would, in pain but not about to go on a rampage and kill something. He hoped it would stay that way. "I see vampires also share a weakness for silver." he commented idly as the metal softened to the degree that it would be easier to pry open. "At least now I know what I could use for defense should you decide to become my enemy" he added before reaching into his coat and pulling out his dagger. It was well made, a sturdy blade that gleamed in the moonlight once he slid it free of the sheath though its design was relatively simple. The weapon was something he had stolen awhile ago for its more practical purposes.

The flipped the dagger around in his hand and slid the weapon in between the jaws of the trap and used it to slowly pry the jaws open. The base of the dagger was sturdy enough to handle the force being applied to it and the soften metal jaws began to give way underneath the pressure. Soon enough he had one of the jaws bent back enough for the vampire to step out of the trap. Standing up he held his hand out to her in a silent offer to help her step out of the trap in case the damage it had done to her leg made it difficult for her to walk. "Perhaps I should go find those boots for you?"

Lucy watched Creus as he pulled out a dagger. She was nervous about that only for a moment, before he reached back down and started freeing her foot. She squeezed her eyes shut as he pulled the metal from her ankle, letting her breath out through her clenched teeth. It was very painful, and she wanted to just kill the mage at that moment so he would stop causing all this pain. But she knew if she lost control, she would be stuck with this stupid trap on her ankle and no way of getting it off. She could find a way, but it would only cause her more pain. So she put her hand on the nearest tree to steady her trembling body, her breath becoming labored. Her own blood didn't look as good as it would if it was someone else's blood splattered on the forest floor. Once her foot was out of the trap, she lifted it hesitantly, and let out a gasp. It was really bad. She was right. She looked up at Creus, "No, no, you don't have to do that, I'll be fine, really," She said, getting dizzy. "Oh crap, why is there two of you?" She said, blinking a few times to clear her vision. She looked back down at her ankle, where she could see straight through it to the white bone inside.

She pulled it out of the disassembled slowly, and she cried out, trying to muffle it with her hand. "I'm sorry, really, I'm sorry. God, I think I'm blacking out, what's happening to me?" She said the last part to herself as she fell back against the tree behind her. "You can just leave me here, really. I'm must be causing you a lot of trouble," She said weakly, turning her head to look at Creus. "Sorry," She mumbled before sliding down the tree trunk and passing out.

(Sorry, been really busy with work and that insane holiday rush.  The store is open a few more hours each day and its crazy busy...who knew pet stores could be that crazy lol. Standing on my feet for a ten hour shift and the whole time there are people at the cash register..)

For just a moment Creus stared helplessly at the fallen vampire. What was he supposed to do now? He supposed he could just leave her and continue on his way she said it was okay but he knew he couldn't. As much as he would like to be cruel that nature just wasn't in him, especially since he knew werewolves lurked out here and he could only guess at what they would do if they came across a helpless vampire. He started to approach her before stopping again as his own safety came to mind. She already needed blood, this probably just made things ten times worse for her. What if she where to wake up and attack? He could really blame her because he was sure that it was just part of her nature but the real question was what would happen to him? Would she drink to much blood or would she be able to contain her self and would there been any side affects to him? Personally he didn't mind sharing some of his blood to help someone but that was only if he wouldn't suffer any ill effects from it aside from the usual effects of blood loss.

Despite the potential risks he approached the vampire deciding that the least he could do was bring her to a safer place. There where not a lot of places in which he could go but on the very edge of vampire territory, just outside the border he remembered that there was at one point an abandoned house. It was largely forgotten and almost completely overgrown by the surrounding forest but as a child he had discovered it and had taken refuge there. He could only hope that the place was still there as he carefully lifted the vampire girl. The only problem was that it wouldn't be easy for him to cross through the forest while carrying someone but he supposed he would have to manage.

As he had predicted the hike to the house hadn't been easy, crossing through wetland, thick forest and a shallow river but when he arrived at his destination he was pleasantly surprised to see that the house was still there, though in slightly worse condition than he last remembered. He and Blitz walked side by side across its creaky, half rotten porch where he barely paused at the door. It was locked, like he had found it and left it and he barely paused at it as he used magic to open it up before he stepped inside and set the vampire girl down on an old musty couch. It was perhaps not the nicest of places but it was away from the dangers of the forest.

After setting her down he crossed the room and sunk to the floor with his back against the wall, watching her from what he hoped was a safe distance. Physically he was exhausted he was not used to carrying a person, let alone over such a distance but he felt it was a better option than just leaving her there. During that hike he had made the decision to wait until she started to come around before he considered offering blood.

@Lady_Ianite Just in case the notification didn't reach you)

Lucy could feel something warm against her side, and she fidgeted in the grip of an unknown assailant. Once her mind drifted into true unconsciousness, she let herself rest in the arms around her, hoping she was at least safer than she originally was.

The pain was so unbearable, how could she be asleep at this type of moment? She turned her body to the source of the only warmth she felt, but it was soon gone, replaced with something hard and cold. She let out the tiniest of whimpers. She wasn't really awake though, her dreams haunted her mercilessly. She dreamed of Gus, what would happened if she didn't do what he asked. It seemed a little irrational, since Gus was just a human, but her dreams were the exception. Anything could happen. She dreamed of Creus, an unknown and strange man. He left her to die, the trap still attached to her ankle. She cried out to him as he walked casually up the trail, not even glancing back at her as he disappeared over the hill. She looked down at the trap on her leg, then she heard a growl. She thrashed in her sleep, reaching down to her ankle to remove a trap that wasn't there. In the dream, a wolf approached her, baring its fangs at her, foam dripping some its disgusting mouth. "No," She muttered in her sleep. The wolf snarled and pounced. She gasped and snapped open her eyes, her hands going straight to her throat. Her eyes were bright red, glowing in the dim atmosphere of the house. She sat up and looked around wildly, her breath ragged. Where am I? She thought, her gaze landing on the mage thief in the corner. She stared at him for a moment, trying to control her breathing. She removed her hands from her throat, realizing she was cutting off her own air circulation. She swallowed hard and moved her eyes down to her ankle. It wasn't healing at all. She needed blood or some medicine at home. And neither of those were at her disposal. I could attack him, She thought. She instantly felt guilty about it, shaking her head. He saved her, she couldn't do that to him. "Where, uh, are we?" She asked, her voice scratchy and weird. She probably did that when she was suffocating herself. Good job me.