Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
darkxros3x

Black Butler: My OC x Ciel (Ciel needed)

"Ciel you can't catch me!" Evangeline called out, running away from Ciel. Evangeline and Ciel were playing tag in the Phantomhive manor garden. "Princess Evangeline get back here!" Ciel called out. Evangeline was 6 years old, same age as Ciel. She was indeed the princess of England. Evangeline kept running until one of the guards from the castle stopped her. "It's time to return home, Princess." He said to her. "No! I wanna play tag with Ciel!" Evangeline whined. The guard rolled his eyes and picked her up, carrying her to the carriage. "Put me down!" She yelled. Ciel ran behind them, "Evangeline it's ok! Just come over again soon." He said softly. "Tonight?" Evangeline had mouthed. Ciel nodded, going back inside. 
~That night~
 Evangeline snuck out of her castle and ran to the Phantomhive manor as it wasn't far. She went into the garden and picked a few white roses and placed them in a circle. She sat in the circle and crossed her arms. She waited for Ciel, but saw that the manor was on fire. "Ciel!" She yelled, standing up to run inside. Unfortunately, her dress was caught in the rose bush. She struggled to get free. She looked up, seeing the whole manor in flames. She saw Ciel run out. He kept running, only to be taken away. Evangeline thought she saw Ciel run back inside. She got herself unhooked, then ran inside. One of the ceiling beams fell in front of her. She used her arms to shield her face. 
~7 years later~ 
Evangeline was getting ready for her birthday ball. She slipped on her gloves, making sure they wouldn't fall down. She finished getting ready, then turned to the piles of letters on her bedside table. They were all from Ciel. She hadn't talked to Ciel once, since the day of the fire. She had severe burn marks on her arms, and didn't want Ciel to see them. She knew he was devastated from that night already, and didn't want to risk hurting him anymore than he already is. She sighed, leaving the room and entering the ballroom. She instantly spotted Ciel, and walked to another side of the room. He had spotted her. Evangeline was planning to ignore him all night.

*****(if you're wanting to be Ciel just jump in!!)*****

Ciel's blue eye swept over the crowd of people until his gaze landed on the Birthday girl herself, Lady Evangeline. He watched as she turned away from him and headed to the opposite side of the room, making it abundantly clear she had no interest in associating with him tonight. Ciel frowned slightly. He remembered Evangeline from... before. He remembered them being quite close, but as of late Ciel wasn't close to anyone, not even Elizabeth. He had sent lady Evangeline letters since his return, mostly out of courtesy, but not once had she ever replied, it was a bit infuriating actually.

shaking his head he looked back toward where Evangeline had moved to and a sly little smile touched his lips. She might want to ignore him but he wasn't going to have that. He brushed off his vest and adjusted his bow tie before he made his way across the busy room toward her, his usual calculating, cold expression turning into the innocent, nievely cheerful look of a child his age.

"Eva" he called once he was close enough, using his old nickname for her as he lifted his hand, giving her a small little wave and a bright smile to get her attention if his words failed to.

Evangeline tensed up upon hearing that nickname. She hadn't been called that a few years. She quickly pulled her gloves up and turned to Ciel. She opened her mouth but a guard stepped in front of her. "I have orders from the princess herself to not let you near her, Lord Phantomhive." He spoke. Evangeline frowned. "Samuel!" She hissed. "It's.. alright if Ciel wants to see me." She spoke. "But my lad--" He started. "No buts! Off with you!" She waved her hand and Samuel was gone.

Turning her attention back to Ciel, evangeline gasped. "Ciel your eye!!" She shrieked. Though, a few people turned towards them. Evangeline became flushed with embarrassment. She looked down. "Ciel.. can we go somewhere else and talk?"

As the guard stepped forward to stand between them a flash of annoyance ran through his mind, but before he could react Evangeline had called him off. Ciel's smile was gone as he watched the man back down. With a sigh he turned back to Evangeline who instantly gasped and shrieked about his eye. Instantly Ciel's hand flew up to his eye patch and turned his face away from her, maybe this was a bad idea after all.

He was silent as she spoke and it took him a few moments to turn back toward her, his finger's still pressed to his eye patch. He watched her than slowly nodded his head. "yes... we should" he replied before he lowered his hand and offered it to her instead.

Evangeline tensed up. He was hiding something too. It was almost like the gloves she wore. She gulped. "Ciel I'm sorry.. I was just worried.." She sighed and took Ciel to a pond behind the manor. They'd been here before together, when they wanted to go swimming. 

Evangeline sat on a blanket in the grass and pulled her gloves up again. "Ciel.. ive missed you."

Ciel staid silent as they walked, letting her lead the way. Once they stopped he lowered himself down onto the blanket so he sat facing her. He was quite for a moment before he lifted his gaze to her once more, but this time he didn't put on a smile or fain innocence, instead his face simply bore a neutral expression. "lady Evangeline...." he started, pausing to think on his words before he let out a sigh. "I am sorry I was absent for so long."

The young lord Phantomhive's words didn't betray that he had missed her, or even if he hadn't, they were simply ambiguous. He shifted and reached out a gloved hand, moving it past the blanket and into the grass where his slender fingers plucked out a small wildflower. He twirled it in his fingers for a moment before leaning forward toward Evangeline, reaching out to tuck the small flower behind her ear before he settled back down on the ground as if nothing had happened. "I truly am sorry for any worry I caused you"

Evangeline looked up when Ciel spoke. "Ciel, no.. it's quite.." Her words trailed as she watched him. She thought about what he said. The way he said it too. Did he miss her or not?

Her eyes trailed downto the grass at a wildflower. Before she could move, Ciel was already picking it up. She observed him twirling it. She tensed for a moment as Ciel put it behind her ear, a deep blush coming on her face. "Ciel.. it's alright." She smiled faintly. "I'm sorry for any worry I've caused you.." She paused.

Once again, the young princess pulled her gloves up. "I should've answered your letters.." She began. She looked down. "I just.. couldn't bring myself to do so. Don't think that's your fault!! It's not. I just heard a few things from Lady Elizabeth.. things I didn't want to believe. But I see them now." She sighed. "Lady Elizabeth came to me that night you returned.. in tears.." She looked away. "She really missed you ciel.. loves you a lot she does.." She sighed. "She's concerned about you Ciel.." She looked down. She quickly covered her mouth and looked up to Ciel. "I'm sorry.. I shouldn't ramble so much. I'm making myself sound jealous of Elizabeth.."

Ciel watched her as she spoke, sighing one she spoke of Elizabeth. "Lady Elizabeth worries too much" he said softly before he looked up toward the sky, watching a few lazy clouds drift past overhead. At her last words he glanced back down at her. "not at all, my lady" he replied. The young lord shifted, opening his mouth as if to say something more, but his eyes slid past her to where a tall figure was heading their way. He let out a sigh and settled back down. "seems we've been found out, my butler is coming to retrieve me I'd wager"

Evangeline frowned. "Sebastian? Lizzie talks highly of him. I'd love to meet him." She smiled, slowly standing. Though, her glove had lowered. She quickly pulled it up, taking a few steps back. She convinced herself Ciel had seen her burn scars. Tears rushed to eyes and she quickly ran off, hurrying to the manor. However, she tripped along the way. She whimpered, scurrying behind a tree and covering her mouth to hush her breathing. A tear rushed down her cheek.

Ciel rose as she did, his gaze flicked to her gloves as they slid down slightly and he froze for a moment. Were those burns? He went to reach out for her but before he could touch her or say anything she was running away from him. 

"what have you done now, young lord?" he heard Sebastian's smooth voice from behind him and he turned to find his butler standing there, his red eyes gazing after where the young lady had run.

"I didn't do anything, she just up and ran away" Ciel retorted, frowning.

Sebastian swung his gaze down to his young master and let out a soft sigh. "you're so cold. A lady has run off in clear distess, shouldn't you go after her?"

Ciel bristled at the butler's tone but he didn't argue as he turned and took off after Evangeline. About halfway to the manor he slowed to catch his breath, not realizing Evangeline was hiding near him. "darn it" he muttered, looking up toward the  manor. "stupid. I could have said something" he added in a grumble, starting off again, but this time at a walk. Ciel might not seem to be attached to people, but despite everything that had happened, he was still a child at heart and it had worried him to see those scars. were they from that night? had she been there? he honestly couldn't remember if she had, all he remembered from that night was the... the. He stumbled to a stop and clamped a hand over his mouth. no, he could afford to remember that. Every time he thought about that night he felt sick, his mind shut down... it made him weak.

Evangeline peaked around the corner. She saw Ciel stumble and seem to get sick. "Ciel!!" She quickly jumped up and ran to him, helping to keep him standing. "Ciel is it your asthma?! What is it?!?" She spoke quickly and worriedly. "Oh Ciel why did you run?! That's not good for you!!" She teared up.

Ciel gripped her arm to steady himself, taking deep breaths to clear his mind. This wasn't that night, this was now, all that pain was over, he was simply outside of a manor, nothing more. He blinked and gasped slightly as he lifted his gaze to Evangeline, coming back to his senses. "s-sorry" he said, his voice wavering. "I was just... you ran off so... I'm sorry if I somehow offended you" he added, closing his eyes and calming down. Thank goodness Sebastian wasn't there right now, he could never forgive himself for showing such weakness in front of that man. 

His fingers tightened on her arm for a moment before he straightened up and released her arm. "thank you" he told her softly, not quite meeting her eyes.

evangeline smiled. "It's alright.. I just it spooked by Sebastian.." She lied. She looked to Ciel, watching him for a moment. "Hey, it's gonna be okay though." She smiled. She was a bit disappointed when Ciel didn't meet with her eyes. She looked down, then a sigh came from her mouth. "Are you ok?"

Ciel nodded, finally looking at her. "yeah, I'm alright" he told her before he frowned slightly and reached out, taking hold of her hand with a gentle but firm grip. "Evangeline, I have to ask you something" he said, tightening his grip slightly. "were... were you at the Phantomhive manor that... that night?"

Evangeline tensed up. She grabbed hold of her glove and looked at Ciel. "W-What?" She teared up slightly. "T-That night? W-what? N-No thats.." A tear slipped down her cheek and she looked down. "Y-Yes.. I was.. like you told me to.." She started crying and jerked away, her glove sliding off. She hid it behind her back quickly. 

Ciel frowned but let her pull away, a soft sigh escaping his lips. "I... I don't remember that" he admitted. "I honestly don't remember much from that night other than the fire and.. and my.. p.." He trailed off. He looked like he was feeling sick again but he took a deep breath and shook his head. "Eva" he finally said, his voice soft. "let me see your arms, please" He lifted his gaze to lock onto hers.

Evangeline looked down and watched as tears fell off her cheeks. Behind her back, she ungloved her other arm. She shakily held her arms out to Ciel. From finger tips to elbows were covered in burn scars. "That night.." She began. Her vision blurred. "I.. I came back like you asked.. I sat in the garden.. playing with white roses.. I made a circle.. and started making a crown.. when I smelt the smoke.. I looked up and the manor was on fire.. I.. I ran in to get you.. and a beam fell.. burnt my arms.."

For the first time that night Ciel's expression turned to one of concern as he gently reached out, cupping his slender fingers around one of her wrist, running the fingers of his other hand carefully along her burns. "I... I am so sorry this happened to you" he told her. "of all nights I could have asked for you to visit..." he trailed off and gently released her arm. "it was reckless of you to run in like that... but thank you for trying to save me"

Evangeline tensed lightly when Ciel touched her arms. She sniffled and wiped her tears away. "Ciel.. I can't see you anymore." She whispered. "I'm just.. a reminder of that night." She looked down. "This is why I ignored your letters.." She whispered. 

Ciel quickly shook his head. "no, that's not true" he told her, clasping her hands in his. "you're not a reminder, trust me, I am the reminder of that night, not you" he sighed and slowly released her hands. "but... if that is how you feel I'm not going to stop you"

Ciel tensed at her sudden embrace but after a few moments he carefully wrapped his arms around her. "its alright" he told her. "come on, lets get back to the manor, its cold out here" He carefully rubbed her back and started leading her back toward the manor.