Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
BallisticLlama_64

THUNDER OF OUR HOOVES Rp Thread

T H U N D E R   O F   O U R   H O O V E S

For as long as we can remember, horses have roamed this land, wild and free. Forming herds, fighting, living in peace, escaping the humans. Can you survive? Join or form a herd? What will the journey bring? Join to find out.

Hello there! Welcome to Thunder of our Hooves, a Wild Horse RP

Please note, this is the actual RP Thread..

Below are some rules and horse facts, just to keep this organised. 

R U L E S

1. Please keep all RP-ing realistic, no 'magical powers' or anything. 

2. Fade to black/white when mating/giving birth. 

3. Keep this PG-13 please, no swearing.

4. There are no mates/crushes like other roleplays. 

5. Keep fighting scenes to a minimum, no excess blood or gory descriptions please.

6. No god-modding or maiming/killing anyone else's characters without permission.

7. Don't make a herd/interact with your own character too much, it ruins the fun of the game and gets a little boring.

8. Don't start RP-ing until I accept you, please. Just so I can check your forms to make sure that they abide with the rules and make sense.

9. No ponies or draft horse breeds please.

10. Please keep all OOC, Discussion and forms to the 'Discussion and Forms thread, here- 

11. All horses start off as lone.

F A C T S   A N D   T E R M S

Below are some facts and terms for people who are not so familiar with horse behaviour<3

Horses eat mostly grass, but will feed on leaves, twigs and even tree bark when there is no grass to be found.

When a horse is born, it is called a foal. When it turns two years old, a male is called a colt and a female is called a filly. A colt becomes a stallion about six years later, and fillies become mares.

Wild horses generally stay together in groups, or herds, for protection. A herd is made up of one adult male with a harem of mares and their young. Once another colt comes of age, he must either challenge the dominant stallion or leave the herd. It is the job of the stallion to protect the herd from predators. The stallion stays at the back of the herd to warn the others if an enemy should approach.

E A R S

Beleive it or not, ears are the most useful way of telling what a horse is feeling.

Both pricked forward- The horse is listening or interested

One forward one back- the horse is listening back and forwards, alert.

Both pointing back- The horse is listening behind it

Both pinned back against skull- The horse is angry and warning you to back off.

Out to the side- Relaxed, and usually this is accompanied by a 'cocked hoof'- a hind leg lifted off the ground slightly.

C O M M U N I C A T I O N

Neigh- a general call, usually pretty loud.

Nicker- A soft greeting.

Snort- a sharp exhalation of air through the nostrils, usually an exclamation of surprise or indignancy. 

Groan- The same as humans, groaning can be a sign of pain or purely a sound of

effort, like standing up after having a rest.

Call- a loud neigh, maybe a stallion challenging another or just making their presence known.

H I E R A R CH Y

Horses have a number of roles, just like humans.

Band/ Herd Stallion- He is second in command of the herd, and is tasked with claiming new mares and protecting the herd.

Lead mare- Usually the oldest, most exprerienced or wisest mare in the herd. She is in charge of the whole herd, and finds places for the herd to eat or shelter, and has the right to chase out any horses she does not like, even the stallion. She can be challenged, and the fight is usually two mares squealing and nipping at each other until the other backs down.

Herd mare- A mare that is in the Herd. She listens to the lead mare and stallion, and does what they say.

Herd foal- A foal that belong to the herd. Is kicked out at 2 years of age.

Lone mare- A mare without a herd

Lone Stallion/Bachelor- a stallion without a herd.

Thanks for reading! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this