Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Kaylercool

I'm still fairly new to this site and have questions.

I'm still fairly new to this site and I've had a couple of questions I  couldn't find a clear answer to.

I'm sorry if any of my questions seem dumb or extremely obvious. 

I've seen people obtaining several pets through egg drop that I've never seen before. I keep getting the same things.

1. Do the pets you get from egg drop change over time? Do they change depending on how many pets you have, how long you've been a member, or anything like that?

2. If they do change over time, are the past ones only available by buying from others, or do they ever return in egg drop?

3. Are some egg drop pets rarer than others?

4. I'm assuming you obtain rare, uncommon, and so on pets from winning contests, special events, ect? Right?

Okay, I think that's about it. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help out! Thank you!

Welcome! I'm going to do my best to answer your questions, but if anything is confusing still, feel free to ask for clarification.

20 hours ago, Kaylercool said:

1. Do the pets you get from egg drop change over time? Do they change depending on how many pets you have, how long you've been a member, or anything like that?

Pets in the Egg Drop are organized and distributed randomly, so if you can imagine five slots being available to an entire population of people at all times, where each member of the population has the option of taking one resource from one slot every day, the random assortment of pets are constantly changing as members select them. If you find yourself grabbing the same pet, even if you select a different slot, it's just a matter of coincidence. Keep checking every day, and you'll eventually find new ones.

Otherwise the pets are the same for every user--new, old, rich or otherwise. It's essentially all fair game!

2. If they do change over time, are the past ones only available by buying from others, or do they ever return in egg drop?

Old pets are sometimes available during special events, where users can buy them (as if they were fresh in the store) or by completing site-wide games and such. Outside of events, the only way of obtaining non-Egg Drop and non-Pet Shop pets are through other users (which can sometimes mean buying them, or adopting them freely, however it's done is up to the people involved in the trade).

3. Are some egg drop pets rarer than others?

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I think you have an equal chance for all of the Egg Drop pets available, it's just that some are harder to get to than others because of chance. @tomomi might know better lmao.

4. I'm assuming you obtain rare, uncommon, and so on pets from winning contests, special events, ect? Right?

Correct! You can also get them from the Pet Store, which is empty at the moment but often sells pets from common, to uncommon, to rare at a time. Rare pets tend to cost about 2000 ZC per, and common at about 75 or so. Egg Drop is also technically considered "common" just because they're accessible by all & tend to be sold at 100 ZC. 

For the record, most contests and special events won't bother with common pets, and likely give you rare minimum. You can look forward to retired pets and extinct pets (sometimes) when those events come around, so they're worth your time if you're big into collecting the older pets.