Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.

Here we go @rapunzel and @plot_twister!

Oceanic Flight 815 took off from Sydney Airport en route to Los Angeles during the summer of 2004. Hundreds of people left their homes and families, packed up their luggage, and stepped onto the plane. These people all had different stories, different histories linking them together on that one fateful voyage. Musicians, criminals, parents, children, doctors, lifeguards, and more all buckled their seatbelts and awaited the long flight to California. 

Of course, the plane never made it to Los Angeles. 

Six hours into the flight, sudden turbulence forced passengers and crew back to their seats. Within minutes, in mysterious circumstances, the plane began to fall, shaking violently. The tail was torn off, oxygen masks dropped, and the plane was sent hurtling toward a large Pacific island. 

Here is where you come in. This wasn't your average plane crash. Some of those who were in the middle section of the plane survived, stumbling onto the beach. You are one of those people. Your story, what brought you to the island, and what you do there: that is up to you. 

Just remember: this is not your typical island. There are secrets here. Monsters. Others. A mystery and miracle-working aura that no one can explain. Be safe. Be careful. 

Survive. 

---------------

Rules:

-You don't have to know the TV show LOST to RP here  

-This is a literate RP. Please keep your replies to at least a good-sized paragraph or two. This is to help the RP move along and to not get stagnant. If you're not up to that, don't sign up. If you think you can try, do sign up! I'll help you out. 

-Please don't copy plot points/characters from the TV show. It'll be more fun if we're original about this. The situation/location is the same, but the characters and what happens to them are up to us!

-No god-modding please. No Mary Sue's. Be original and creative!

-HAVE FUN!!

-----------------

Oceanic Flight 815 took off around 12:00 Australia time, anticipating clear skies and steady winds. They'd be in Los Angeles in about 15 hours if they made good timing. The flight went swimmingly for a few hours: lunch and drinks were served, and the passengers were enjoying their in-flight entertainment and the conversations of people around them. 

Six hours into the flight, and Oliver was bored. Very bored. His leg was growing stiff from staying in the same position, so he decided to get up and walk for a little. He was sitting in an aisle seat, and excused himself from the polite conversation with his neighbors in order to walk down the hallways. He had a distinct limp, though you could only tell he had a prosthetic if you looked closely. It was well-built, and hard to see under slacks. He passed a little girl and her mother, meeting the child's eyes, before stopping near the restrooms. It was nice to stretch. 

A bit of turbulence hit and Oliver held onto the nearest seat to steady himself. The Captain turned on the seatbelt sign, and Oliver began to make his way slowly back to his seat, groaning inwardly. This flight had been steady so far, but he supposed there wasn't a long flight without a little shaking. 

A moment after he sat back into his seat, the turbulence worsened, the plane giving with a large shake. "Christ, that's..." He mumbled to the person next to him, but a great drop cut him off. Passengers screamed, and the plane gave a lurch, giving to one side. Oliver cursed and grabbed his seatbelt, just as oxygen masks dropped above him. He couldn't help but curse his own luck as he pulled the mask over him, glancing back to make sure the people around him were secure. They were dropping now. Rapidly. He gripped onto his seat and leaned forward, hearing a loud breaking sound, wind rushing into his ears. The back of the plane had broken off. 

He was surprisingly calm when the plane crashed onto the island. He remained this way as he worked his way out of the burning fuselage, coughing as he reached the sand below. He knew he was injured, but as long as he could stand and breathe, his own safety was not a priority. 

Squinting from the smoke and the bright sunlight, he glanced around, taking in the destruction around him. It was like the plane had crumbled onto the sand, pieces had fallen everywhere, still burning, the engine still running. And the screaming...people were screaming so loud it hurt his ears. He stumbled forward, unsure where even to start. 

--------

The little girl had been knocked unconscious, and found herself being dragged onto the sand by a stranger. She let out a small groan, and the stranger immediately picked her up, moving her away from the wreckage. "Mummy..." She whimpered, as the man set her down onto the sand. "Where's my mummy?" She asked again, but he shook his head. Maybe he didn't know. Maybe he didn't understand English. 

She watched him for a moment, but then he went away, as if he had never been there to begin with. She willed up the strength to sit up, blinking, trying to make sense of the sight before her. She had been going to Los Angeles. She was going to go to Disneyland, but... She turned her head, looking around. She could see people. Lots of people. They were screaming and running and some of them were just lying very still, but she did not see her mummy. 

"Mummy?!" She yelled again, clenching her fists together. Her whole body ached, but she was determined. She stood up shakily, her knees skinned and bruised, sweater hanging off her shoulder. "Mummy!" She screamed, tears starting to form in her eyes. 

15 hours was an unholy amount of time to have to sit in one place, sure you could get up and walk around, if you were in the isle row, and Kailani? Well he had no such luck. It was only six hours into the flight when he felt himself cramping up, his stiff joins begging for movement, but he had no choice but to sit where he was, penned in by the man next to him. His flight partner was a young man with way too cheerful of a disposition for Kai's liking. For the first few hours the man had happily spoken about his life, most likely in an attempt to lessen his nerves. It was clear the kid wasn't used the flying by the way he would constantly look out of the window or fiddle with the in-flight screen, and Kai soon found out why he was so nervous. Apparently the kid was meant to fly back with his fiance but he'd ended up on the plane alone, his fiance getting held up by something or rather, at this point Kai's attention had lapsed. The story telling went on for a good two hours or so until finally the kid had settled down, stuck some headphones in.. and fallen asleep, leaving Kai to sit and brood in the corner, having nothing else to do but people watch, already bored of the in-flight movies.

Movement in the isle caught the dancer's eye and he turned his head, watching as a man made his way down the isle, most likely stretching his legs, but there was really nothing else worth interest there so instead Kai turned his attention to the window, yawning as he stretched in his seat, lifting his hands to rest them behind his head, his fingers playing with the hairband holding his hair back out of his face. He was contemplating following after the kid's lead and simply taking a nap when the plane shuddered, causing him to quickly sit up, eyes instantly going toward the front of the plane, watching as the man from before turned around and made his way back, the com system pinging as the seat belt signs lit up. There had once been a time when flying was almost second nature to Kailani, but it had been years since he'd been on a plane, not since the accident, so as the rattling and shaking continued he felt panic start to set in, and then it hit. The plane dropped and people screamed, the oxygen masks falling down.

Instantly Kai snatched up the mask while his free hand shot out to slam into his companion's chest, jolting the kid awake. He made sure the kid had his mask on and was turning to look out of the plane's window when suddenly a loud, heart wrenching crack split the air. wind rushed past him, things flying through the air. He turned to look, eyes widening as he saw... nothing, half of the plane was just gone. one of the overhead racks broke open, sending luggage flying. In a panic Kai grabbed the kid next to him and forced his head down, but was too slow to lower his own. the last thing he saw was a bright flower patterned pink suitcase flying toward his face followed by a sharp, sudden pain, then nothing.

------------------------------------------------------

There was screaming, so much screaming. They had crash landed, Elias knew this, but he was in shock. all around him people were yelling, running, falling, all getting out, but he couldn't find the strength to move, even as someone tugged at his seat belt, helping him get undone before pulling at his arm. They were going to take him out of the plane, but then he remembered, the man next to him, the one who had helped him with the mask and forced his head down out of the way! where was he?

In a panic Eli turned to find the man slumped in his seat, blood running heavily down the side of his face from a gash to his temple as well as from his clearly broken nose. "no, wait, help me get him out" the young man called to his would-be rescuer. With the other person's help they managed to unbuckle the unconscious man and haul him up, carrying him out of the plane and onto a brightly lit beach.

"here, take him to somewhere shady" Eli head the other person say before they let go and turned back to what was left of the plane, leaving Eli to struggle with the man across the beach. There were people everywhere, screaming, injured, and dead, but he refused to look, refused to knowledge those around him, for if he did the fear would set in and he knew he would collapse right then and there, but there was one that stood out, a single tiny voice calling out for her mother.

the Dane stumbled as he turned his head toward the voice, focusing on a little girl standing alone in the sand, blood running down her legs from her busted knees, small hands curled into fists, but no one was helping her. "of all..." shaking his head Eli changed course, dragging his unconscious cargo toward the child. "sweetie" he called out as he reached her, carefully laying the man down in the sand as he practically fell to his own knees, looking her over quickly,  making sure she was alright. "are you hurt, besides your knees?" he asked. This child reminded him of the youngest of his siblings back home, his sister Anna, he couldn't just ignore her, but he also had an unconscious man on his hands.

The little girl frowned as she saw someone coming toward her, carrying someone who had blood on his head. She didn't like that, and backed away, balling her hands into fists even tighter. She continued to cry, tears running down her cheeks, lower lip curled out. She sniffled, wiping her cheek with her arm as the man approached her. "N-no." She answered, having to take a few deep breaths in order to form words. "No. I just feel quite sore." She explained, with a little hiccup. "D-do you know where my mummy is? She looks like me." She pointed to herself. "She has dark skin and black hair that's curly and dark eyes and she was wearing a green coat." She explained, all of her words falling out at once. "A-and my brother and my Daddy are here too! But mummy was right next to me." She explained, glancing around again. 

She glanced down, giving a little swallow. "W-what happened? Where are we?"

Eli hesitated a moment, glancing back toward the plane, unsure of how to explain this to the girl, but he had to say something. "I haven't seen your mother, but I'm sure she'll be found. the plane we were on, it crashed. Many people are hurt like this man here" he told her carefully, keeping his voice as soft as he could, not wanting to scare her into running away, not with all the chaos happening. "here why don't you sit down sweetie and I'll find something to patch up your knees and this gentleman's head" he added, carefully patting the sand next to him. If he could get her to sit still where he knew where she was he could look for medical supplies as well as search for her family and for anyone else who could help. "I need someone brave to watch over this guy, to keep him safe, do you think you can do that?"

Charlotte sniffled, and nodded, blinking away her tears. Now that someone was talking to her, she remembered that she needed to be brave. She glanced down with deep, brown eyes to the hurt man, frowning. "Did his head get hit?" She asked, kneeling down beside the hurt man. She didn't care about her hurting knees, the man was bleeding and she didn't like it. She scooted over to the sand next to the man, glancing back at Eli. "Lotte. My name is Lotte. Charlotte. But call me Lotte, I like Lotte." She explained to the man, shrugging. "I'll watch over him. I'm brave, I promise. I'll make sure he's okay." She promised. 

Eli gave her a grateful smile. "Yeah he hit it in the crash" he replied. "thank you Lotte, I'm Elias, but you can call me Eli if you like" he replied, pulling himself up to his feet. "I'll be back soon, if he wakes up while I'm gone just stay with him and talk, he'll be confused" he instructed before he made his way back toward the plane. If medical supplies were anywhere they would be there. He hated it but it was his only option.

--------------------------------------

It was hot and His head felt like it'd been split open with an baseball bat. Groaning Kailani shifted, grimacing in pain as he started to open his eyes. At first everything was blurry and unfocused but he could tell he was outside which made no sense. He should be in a plane on his way back to the states, so why?... pain lanced through his head again and he gasped, closing his eyes again. "what happened?" he groaned, not actually expecting an answer, simply thinking out loud.

[hey guys! Sorry to have disappeared unexpectedly, I've been having trouble accessing this website for some reason? I traveled out of the country and thought maybe that was the problem, and it turns out I had the Petadoptables forum link all wrong (I feel so dumb tbh) and I couldn't find it on Google for some reason. I'll read everything and make a post!]

[starter posts are always crazy long for me, sorry Dx]

Despite their large group, Angelica had been the only student to have been left to sit alone, but at least she had been given an aisle seat and wasn't crammed between two strangers. Her friends who had been fine with paying first class were sitting at the front while the rest had been placed in the very back of the plane. Angelica was listening to some music with her earphones plugged in, when she felt a tap on the shoulder. Looking up, she smiled at her friend who was standing in the aisle. Angelica took out her earphones. "Tired of first class, I see," Angelica said and her friend laughed. 

Her friend, a sweet blonde named Riley, shook her head. "Just seeing how you are doing."

The young woman sitting shrugged her shoulders. At least the food was good and she had downloaded some new music. She had always been a sucker for airplane food, for some odd reason, and today's mini lasagna had been very satisfying. "You?" Angelica asked.

Riley also shrugged. "It's good, but you know what I could use," with her hand made into a fist and her thumb sticking out, Riley made the universal sign of drinking. Angelica chuckled and rolled her eyes, "One more month and you'll be legal in the states, Riles."

Her friend nodded, with such relief in her face that Angelica couldn't help but roll her eyes again. Then, they felt the first signs of turbulence. Angelica was pretty used to them and no longer got that void feeling in her stomach, and so was Riley, who just laughed. A little "ding" echoed through the airplane and the two looked up at the buckle sign that had been turned on. 

"Riley, you should go back to your seat," Angelica said. Even though she was used to turbulence, Angelica was the type to be buckled throughout the whole flight unless she needed to get up and to unbuckle at the end of the flight when the light actually turned on, so she took those signs seriously. Riley laughed and shook her head, "Calm down, Angel. Give me an earphone, I wanna hear what you're listening to."

Angelica sighed, "Riley, please go ba-"

When the plane lurched to the side, Angelica felt Riley's body impact hard against her. "Riley!" She exclaimed at her friend who had started laughing. "Alright, I'll go. See ya, girl." With that, she watched Riley start making her way down the aisle, stumbling with the hard turbulence. Then, everything happened so fast. The oxygen masks dropped and Angelica put it on, all the while watching as Riley struggled to make progress. Then, the plane began to drop and something broke, and Riley was gone. 

Everything was happening so fast that Angelica couldn't scream or process things, even when the plane crashed. The hard impact left her body in pain, trembling, and the smoke in the air blinded her. She looked beside her, to the two elderly people that had been next to her, and a sob escaped her lips when she saw their eyes open but lifeless. Angelica struggled to her her seat buckle detached and when she did, she was already crying. She stumbled out to the aisle and someone ran past her, hitting her shoulder. Angelica let out a painful gasp as she looked around. The back of the plane had been torn off and the front was burning. Nonetheless, scared and barely able to take a step, Angelica moved towards the front, her voice calling out the name of her peers. In the moment, she was calling all out, even those who had been seated in the back, and even getting some wrong because nothing was exactly clear. The unbearable heat as she approached the front made her stumble back. Her body was already covered with sweat and she felt blood coming out of her forehead, which had bounced against the entertainment screen.

It felt like centuries before she reached the end of the plane and her feet hit the sand. Angelica, still with wet eyes, looked at the chaos around her. She couldn't see a familiar face. Oh, Riley. Her eyes closed as the name popped up in her brain as the image of her friend flying out flashed across the beach.

Shaking her head, Angelica looked back out at the scene, knowing that she would need to do something—if she wasn’t dreaming.

(no worries the forums were down for almost a week and the web url got changed for everyone I believe)

Elias was bumped and jostled as he made his way back toward the plane, everyone desperate to get as far from it as they could, which was logical since it looked like the front of it was on fire. Who knew when something would blow up or when the fire would spread, but Eli couldn't focus on that, couldn't focus on how many poor souls lay in the plane, if he did he would be running with the others, no he needed medicine and bandages, anything that could help the people still alive. He was no doctor but he was a tour guide with a job that demanded he kept his cool, even when storms hit or safety gear failed, and while this was on a whole other insane level it was all he could do to remember his training for work, not that it helped all that much, he was shaking in fear and could only imagine how pale and scared he looked.

The plane had nosedived into the sand then lurched to the side and pushed up, leaving everything at an angle and a gradual slope up from the torn open hull. As he made his way toward the plane someone slammed into his, making his gasp as he stumbled, the impact sending pain down his side. it seems he wasn't as injury free as he'd thought, but he didn't want to look down or check on himself, instead he continued onward. As he neared the plane the last of the people were fleeing and he sidestepped, glancing at a teen girl who ran out. Her head was bleeding but at least she was conscious and able to stand.
"get away from the plane" The young man called to her, gesturing toward the beach where groups of people had gathered, some injured some simply in shock. He gave her a shaky smile which did nothing to quell his own terrified shaking, then without another words he turned and jumped back into the plane, gripping the back of the seats help him move up the isle. He wasn't sure where a first aid kit would be other than maybe the burning front of the plane but that was obviously out of the question. he had to find something, even if all he found was someone's bag with clothes he could use as bandages and pain meds.

[oh ok I wasn't crazy then! Because it used to be petadoptables.com/forums and I kept getting a forbidden message I was so confused]

A man was coming towards the plane, the only person who was not running the other direction. Angelica heard him and watched as he got on the plane. Yes, she needed to get away from the plane. Maybe she could find one of her friends already on the beach. The thought of having lost all of them one way or another made her want to start crying again. She could imagine them burned up or having flown away with the back part of the plane. Why was this happening to them?

Angelica was about to do what the man suggested but stopped after a few steps. Turning around, she frowned. What was he doing getting back on the plane? Her body was visibly shaking, but Angelica, against her better judgement, started walking towards the plane. Maybe he was looking for somebody left in the fire, or for something? 

"Sir!" She called out, her voice shaky, as she stepped on the plane once again, fighting her way against gravity. In a normal situation, this wouldn't be hard for her, but considering the impact and the amount of energy fear alone took out of her body, Angelica was struggling. She already felt the heat of the front of the plane on her skin, even though it was far away. "Do you need help?" She asked as she came closer, "I-I can help."

They were already in this terrible situation, she might as well help someone out. Who knew, she might-- no, she will need the help later on.

(I'm making dinner, be back in a bit)

At her voice Elias stopped and turned to look back, bracing himself against one of the plane seats, lifting his other arm to cover his mouth and nose against the smoke billowing around them. It wasn't bad yet, but each passing minuet it got thicker and worse. At first Eli was going to refuse the offer, he didn't want to put anyone else in danger, but he hesitated, thinking it through. he had little hope of getting enough supplies on his own. Reluctantly he nodded and made his way back down the slanted isle so he stood before her, so they didn't need to yell to each other. "alright, but if anything happens, if the plane shudder or the heat gets too much for you get out as fast as you can" he told her, pausing to make sure the words sunk in before he turned around, glancing over his shoulder at her. "there are injured on the beach, we need any medical supplies we can get our hands on and anything that can be used as bandages, also if you see anything useful grab it" he explained, his voice gathering confidence as he spoke, no longer shaking, though his body was as he moved back up the isle, carefully pulling open the overhead luggage racks to check for anything.

He didn't find much besides a few bottles of various medicine, which he pocketed, and he managed to find his own backpack, which he shouldered. The closer he got toward the front of the plane the hotter it became, the air thick with smoke which caused his eyes to sting and his lungs to burn. His fair skin was covered in sweat and he'd started coughing but he was determined to keep going, wanting to make sure there was no one trapped up by the fire that had been forgotten.

[ok (:]

Angelica listened to the man and nodded her head. He seemed pretty intent on finding what he needed, and he hoped he would do the same if things were too much for him. The young woman began to search on the overhead bins on the opposite aisle from him. She stood between the aisle seat so she didn't have to worry about sliding down, and carefully pulled down the baggage. Angelica looked at the opening down below and decided that maybe just sliding the baggage down the aisle so that they would be on the beach would be easier, but she also feared that she would block the exit for them. She looked over at the man before back down. If anything, she thought, they could always jump over them, but surely there would be some items like clothing in these bags that could be useful later on.

"You should just throw everything down," she told the man, "We can search and sort things out once we get out."

Angelica worked the fastest she could, pulling down the bags that weren't too heavy for her, opening them, and if they had something that seemed like they could be of use, she sent them down sliding, making sure that the man or anyone else wasn't in the way. When she came across her aisle, Angelica felt a pang in her heart when she saw the couple that had been side her. With a sigh, trying not to touch them, Angelica looked under the seat that had been in front of her. Somehow, her backpack had stayed put.

With a sigh of relief, she put it on her shoulders, thankful that it wasn't her first time flying and she knew to carry some useful things, before moving to the rest of the bags above. She knew she at least had some ibuprofen pills that could come in handy. Angelica sent down a good lot before moving down herself. She quickly moved to the side so that they weren't blocking the way before moving back up top to look at the rest of the bags.

Elias nodded at the suggestion, it made sense. Soon he was also sliding bags down the isle, watching them to make sure they didn't end up stacking to much and blocking the way out if they needed to make a run for it. He got as close to the blazing front as he could, shielding his face from the heat and smoke, squinting his eyes into the blaze, but he saw nothing and no one and the smell... the smell of burning flesh was overwhelming, hitting him like a wall, sending him into a coughing fit as he took a shaky step backwards, the determination that had kept him going to this point shattering. His eyes focused and what he saw was enough to push him over the edge finally.

Eli took another step back and made the mistake of looking at the seat he was holding onto. this far up to the front all the seats were full of dead passengers. the young Dane recoiled, drawing his hands back from the seat which turned out to be a horrible mistake for as soon as he did his shaking legs gave out, sending him crashing to the floor, pain shooting through his side as another coughing fit hit him. around them the plane creaked as outside something large fell off, probably what was left of one of the wings, and it sent the plane listing to the side slightly. Eli had started to stand when the change in footing sent him staggering into another row of seats and right into more bodies before he shoved back and stumbled his way down the isle. he was deathly pale now and his whole body was shaking uncontrollably. "t-that's enough, we need to leave" he called, his voice broken by fear and more coughing as he passed the girl. he glanced at her before quickly looking away and fleeing back to solid ground, stumbling over their salvaged luggage and into open air, gasping as he leaned forward, placing his hands on his knees and closing his eyes. He felt like throwing up but their job wasn't done yet. He needed to keep it together until they had the luggage away from the plane and the injured man and the little girl were treated.

[I am here! Let me try to get Oliver in with you guys!]

Charlotte watched him with big, brown eyes before nodding as he got up to leave. "I'll watch him, I promise Eli." She said, with a determined look set on her face. She settled down beside the man, staring at him worriedly. She gently reached out, trying to inspect the wound on his head without touching it, moving his dark hair aside to get a better look. It was then that he woke, and it made her jump, gasping as his eyes opened. She scooted away from him, unsure if he was safe or not. Her mum had always told her not to talk to strangers, and here she was having met two of them! 

The man spoke, and she bit her lip. Gently, she reached out, putting a hand on his shoulder so he wouldn't sit up. "Shh." She whispered, swallowing hard. "Th-the plane. It crashed. We're on a beach somewhere. A man named Eli got you out of the plane. There's lots of people around." She explained, trying her best. "You hit your head. Or something hit your head. It's bleeding a lot." She explained gently. 

--------------

Oliver ran around helping who he could, trying his best to get the injured up onto the beach further from the plane. With the engines still running and the chance of explosion high, anyone near the plane was in danger. The sand made walking with his prosthetic a chore, but he was better used with a leg than hopping around. At least it gave him balance, somewhat. 

As he walked back to the plane from helping a young woman onto the sand, he noticed a few people heading into the fuselage. "Are they crazy?" He asked himself, trying his best to jog over. It took him a while, thanks to the sand and burning debris in his way, but he managed to make it to an opening. "Oi, anyone in there?" He called, cupping his hands over his mouth so he could be heard over the engine running. As he stood, the plane listed sideways, and he backed off, stumbling back onto the sand. "Hey, are you!" He called again, but then someone jumped out of the plane, stumbling onto the sand and coughing. 

Oliver ran towards him, trying to gauge if the young man was alright or not. "Hey, speak English? Are you okay? What were you doing in there?" He asked. He noticed the luggage, noticing how it piled outside of the entrance, and made a guess. "Need help with this?"

[omg I totally forgot about the smell Dx and yay, we're all here!]

When the plane tipped over, Angelica was still in the aisle where she had been seating. Her body fell towards the bodies of the elderly and she let out a piercing scream, her eyes closing -not the best idea, obviously-, as she felt the bodies coming into contact with her. In another split second, she opened her eyes and scrambled to get back standing and on the aisle. The rancid smell of burning flesh was overpowering and she headed back out, falling near the exit when her hands accidentally and instinctively shot up to her face to cover her nose, and sliding a couple of meters, almost to the entrance. Angelica managed to grab hold of one the legs of the chairs and stand up, stepping through the last of the plane and jumping off into the sand. She was thankful to have chosen a pair of pants for the flight since the air conditioner in planes was always set too cold for her.

Angelica only managed to hear his last question by the time she got to the sand. Her eyes flashed to the other man and noticed that everyone had made quite the distance from the plane. She was quick to answer with a "yes" before she started picking up some bags. Her backpack was already fairly heavy, but she did her best to ignore the weight and put another bag over her shoulders before picking up two more, one in each hand, walking as fast as she could so she could drop them off, but not planning to put down her bag.

Kailani's eyes opened again as something touched his shoulder and a small voice spoke up. Everything was still unfocused and his ears were ringing but he managed to understand. He blinked a few times before turning his head to look at the person, finding that it was a little girl. It took him a few more minuets to fully think through what her words meant. Crashed? that must be why they were outside and that name, Eli, it sounded familiar but as soon he he started to form his thoughts the pain would over ride it until finally he gave a heavy sigh. he knew better than to attempt to sit up but he wanted to know what was going on around them. "This man.. the one you said was called Eli, where is he now?" he asked, closing his eyes again. the sun was too bright, it made the pain worse.

--------------------------------

Elias started as a man's voice spoke up. he took a few gasping breaths before he opened his eyes, looking up at the man before he straightened and nodded. "I-I'm fine" he replied, his fear making his accent thicker than usual.  He gestured toward the luggage scattered across the sand, seeing that the man seemed to understand Eli gave another shaky nod at the offer of help. "h-help would be great" As he said this The girl answered with a yes as well and he felt some of his tension lessen. She was okay.

Eli made his way through the sand and grabbed the nearest bags, hauling them up and struggling to tug them back up along the beach until he was sure that it was far enough away. He dropped them, tossing his own backpack to the side before he returned to the plane for more.

[Sounds good! Goodnight!]

Another person joined the first one, and Oliver looked between the two of them. Both of them seemed well-off, not too injured. That was good. They needed able-bodied people in order to survive out here until they got rescued. He was sure word of their disappearance had reached the news by now, and surely there would be ships and helicopters headed their way in no time. They should be off this bloody beach by sundown. 

At least, he hoped.

He could tell that whatever was in that fuselage had affected both of them, and he didn't blame them. He might be a soldier, but even he still recoiled at the sight of the dead. He nodded, and got to work, lifting two bags, one in each arm, and dragging them towards the crowd of people beyond the sand. "Next time you wanna go in there, let me go instead?" He offered, looking at the two. "I was a soldier. I've handled worse than that, and I'm sure..." He sighed, hauling his bag up onto a dune. "Well, it's not pretty in there, is it?" It was a question. He needed to know how many dead were in there, and if there might be some alive. 

-----------

The girl just simply was patient, waiting for him to process all of this. Sometimes, her parents said, it takes information a few minutes to get through your brain, especially when it's big information. As he spoke up again, she turned her head, scanning the beach side. "I don't know. He went back to the plane, I think, to get help. Or medicine. He said something about medicine." She explained. "For my knees and your head. You can go first, though. My knees don't hurt bad." She promised, giving him a kind smile. 

The young woman raised an eyebrow when the second man offered to go instead of them. She wouldn't argue against it, that was for sure since she really hoped she wouldn't decide to go back in there, but his offering was a bit more clear once he stated that he was a soldier. Angelica hadn't really processed it before, but the two of them had pretty distinct accents, nothing she had particularly heard in LA, or California at that. That didn't make her think that they weren't from there, of course, since so many people, including her.

Angelica shook her head, "It was terrible." She was pretty calm right now, but she was sure it was the shock. When she had time to take it all in and process it... well, she didn't want to imagine it. "I don't think anyone in the front could've survived that fire, but near the back, I didn't hear anything." Maybe they were unconscious and could be saved if taken out of the plane to just make sure, but Angelica knew that she wouldn't be willing to do that. Touching the old couple had been terrible as it was.

"I'm Angelica, by the way," She sighed, looking at the two other people who had decided to approach the plane, before heading back to get more bags.

Once the last of the bags had been moved Eli sighed heavily, placing the bags down in the sand. like the girl he agreed silently with the man, nodding at the suggestion. By no means did he wish to go back into the plane. As the two talked he knelt down and pulled open the bags, searching through them and sorting out any medical supplies he would need to treat the two from before. the little girl hadn't seemed too bad but the man's head and nose were no laughing matter.

The young man stood just as the teen introduced herself and he paused, arms full of his needed supplies, inclining his head to her. "my names Elias. I'm sorry to run off but I have two injured people who need attention and one of them has a bad head injury, I'm worried about him hurting himself if he wakes up" he apologized before turning his attention to the soldier. "thank you, for all of your help"

With that the boy turned and hurried off back up the beach, heading for the two forms in the sand.

----------------------------------------

Kai's consciousness had slipped again, but this time more into a sleep then unconsciousness, but the sound of footsteps in the sand jarred him awake, his dark eyes opening to see the boy from the plane running over. He watched the kid kneel down in the sand and give him a nervous smile. He looked awful but Kai figured he looked far worse himself.

"good you're awake" The kid said, placing down an arm loud of various medical items. "you hit your head pretty badly and your nose looks broken so try not to move, I'll get you bandaged up in no time"

The little girl leaned forward as the man seemed to slip away from her again, and she let out a little gasp. "Hey, wake up!" She yelled, leaning forward over him. The other man- Eli- came back, and Charlotte looked up as he came over and knelt beside her. "He was awake a minute ago, but..." She explained, but then she noticed Kai waking up again. She scooted back so that Eli could get to him, letting in a small breath. She wanted to ask him where he went. She wanted to ask him if he'd seen her mother, or any of her family, but she knew that now was not the right time. "Can I help? Can I get anything?" She asked. 

------

Oliver coughed, covering his mouth with his elbow. He grabbed another bag and started hauling it away from the plane. His leg, his stump of a leg, had started to ache now, from walking in the sand and from soreness from the crash. He ignored it, and turned to the girl. "Angelica." He repeated, then smiled. "I'm Oliver." He greeted, waving as Eli ran away. "Here, I'll help you with the rest of these." He offered to Angelica.  

Angelica nodded at Elias, knowing that people needed to be attended to. 

"Thank you," Angelica said with a grateful smile to Oliver. They only had a few more left. "You said you were a soldier," Angelica started, picking up one of the last bags, "Do you, uh, know what's going to happen now? I know you weren't a pilot or anything but do you know if they're going to come for us? They must know that we crashed, right?"

Now that she had a little more chance to think, things were sinking in. They were stranded and who knew were? Possibly they could be the only inhabitants and finding an island in the Pacific was... basically impossible, right? She didn't want to think that, but it was hard not to. Putting down the bag, Angelica sat down on the sand, her legs thanking her for the rest. She needed to go through the things to see if there was food or water. Or anything. She didn't really know about survival things, but she did know they couldn't drink salt water.

Oliver grabbed two of the last bags with Angelica, hauling them up the sand, straining at the heaviness of one of the bags. He was surprised that whoever this was was able to get that big of a bag as a carry-on. He shrugged at Angelica's question, grunting as he trudged up the sand, having a hard time walking with his prosthetic. "No idea. I'm sure they'll come by tonight, though. The plane must have had a black box, right?" He asked, glancing over to her. "I bet there are search parties look for us as we speak!"

As he got the bag onto the sand, he finally let himself relax, collapsing onto the sand with a huff, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. His leg ached, and he reached to massage his thigh. "Yeah, I was a soldier. I'm a writer now, though. What about you? Got a family in LA?"

Angelica looked over at him, nodding slightly. She didn't know what a black box was, but she didn't want to ask either. From what he said, it was probably what was going to get them out of there. Plus, planes communicated with the airports all the time, right? And updated their coordinates, she supposed. That was probably what the black box was.

"Yes, everyone," Angelica said in a sigh, biting her lip. Her family, oh god. She could feel the tears burning at the back of her eyes. They probably didn't even know that their plane had crashed yet-- they were probably still praying that everything was going well. Her mother had not wanted her to go to the trip, actually, thinking that she was too young to travel so far alone. She had always been the overprotective parent, but Angelica supposed that she had been right. If she would have never come, she wouldn't be here. "I live there. My-my friends were on the plane too, we were heading back, but I was the only one sitting in the middle."

Angelica had been the type of person that cried incessantly as a kid. One day, she had been so fed up with the feeling of exhaustion left by crying that she told herself she would never cry again. And, for some reason, it worked. But now? She wanted to cry, to empty out the burning in her chest that was building. "You?" She asked, gulping down the lump she felt in her throat. She needed something to drink.

He leaned back, laying down in the sand, squinting up at the blue skies. It was strange. There was no storm, no bad weather. It was absolutely gorgeous outside, nothing that could have outwardly caused a crash such as this. It must have been an engine issue, or something to do with the mechanics. He had basic knowledge of mechanics thanks to his training, but he had always been more of a groundsman. He didn't work on machinery or fly helicopters or planes. 

At her statement, he hummed. He had caught the accent and figured she lived somewhere around there. He'd never been to Los Angeles, or the United States, but he'd seen enough movies. As she talked about her friends on the plane, he frowned, and looked over to the girl. "Oh... In the back?" He asked, knowing what fate probably had befallen them. The back of the plane was clearly not on this beach, so it was likely in the water. "I..." He stopped. His apologies weren't going to bring her friends back. 

"My family's in London. England. I have a Dad there, my mum died when I was little. My wife Chloe and 2 year-old daughter Mary are there too. I've never been so grateful that they weren't with me." He explained, letting out a sigh.