Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
The_Arcana

Sword Art Online (dee_Iasbelle and I)

"Ha, yeah right. The tho was for though, because I had thought of something then decided not to say it," He smirked and stuck out his tongue. "Misaki? Isn't it obvious? It's Japanese, duh," He raised his eyebrows. "I was joking, pal. Don't be so uptight," He turned towards the smith shop. "I don't care, anytime is a good time. I have no plans at the moment."

"Mhm sure.." Evangeline rolled her eyes. "Okay obviously Japanese but why'd you pick it?" She asked. "Hey I'm not being uptight.." She frowned. "Anyway.. uh.. we could leave.. now if you want?" She offered. "We could walk.. get some chatting done.. I guess."

"Yeah, you're wrong, bud. Like I would ever reveal my name to the likes of you," He told her. "Because I live in Japan and that's my God-given name?" He laughed like this was some kind a weird joke. "Well, loosen up a bit then. My jokes shouldn't fluster you so much, dove," He grinned. "Sure, why not."

Evangeline frowned. "Oh.. okay sorry." She shook her head. "Ahh.. that's probably a bit more clever than what I chose.. anyway uh.." She just kinda half smiled and began walking. "Well come on.." She glanced back. "It's this way."

"You chose your real name, Eva," He pointed out, sticking out his tongue slightly with a chuckle. "Can we teleport there? I'm feeling super lazy right now and honestly if you make me walk you'll have to carry me halfway," He explained, hauling himself up and pulling out a teleport crystal. "I hope it has nice beds, because I'm going to take a long nap. I don't remember the last time I slept," He yawned and stretched. 

Evangeline frowned. "No, no.. I didn't." She shrugged. "It's my nickname." She pointed out. She turned back, sighing. "Fine." She got her own teleport crystal out. She rolled her eyes at his comment, teleporting to the cabin off the lake. She looked around, smiling. She glanced to Misaki as he teleported there. She looked around again, smiling. She bit her lip, then turned and went inside the cabin. She looked around, smiling. This might actually be good for the both of us. She thought. 

Misaki rolled his eyes, "Now it's my turn to poke fun, huh?" He mumbled mostly to himself. "Nicknames come from names, so Eva is some form of your real name, I would assume." He used his crystal to follow her to this supposed cabin. With a deep breath, he took in the scenery and sighed. It was definitely nice, especially with SAO's graphics. Something he would probably never see in his real life. He scratched the back of his head and walked towards the cabin. He then turned around and just watched the forest and sway in the breeze. He let his shoulders relax.

Evangeline glanced to Misaki. "Well in still.." She started. "Whatever. I'm gonna look around. You can go take your nap.." She shrugged, walking towards the lake. She got to the waters edge and kneeled down, placing her hand in the water. She smiled a little. It reminded her of being in the real world. The entire place did. She smiled softly, taking a deep breath. She stood once more, after seeing a butterfly pass her. She couldn't help but laugh for a moment, hoping Misaki had gone inside by now. 

Misaki yawned and stretched, "Ah yes, that nap. I think I hear the bed calling my name. Unless that's a ghost," He wriggled his fingers towards where Eva was walking, before chuckling. He headed inside, popping his back and letting out a grunt. He scratched at his stomach, looking around. The place was already furnished, and the kitchen was stocked. With a relaxed sigh, Thomas went down the hall on the left. Two bedrooms were there. He entered the last one, where a queen sized bed was in the middle. He removed his shirt and hopped straight into the bed. He snuggled under the quilt and sunk into the soft mattress. He immediately let his drowsiness take him away. "This is definitely better than any inn." 

Evangeline couldn't help but laugh at misaki's comment. She walked around, exploring the outside area. Besides the gorgeous view of the lake, it was mostly just forest around them. She began walking into the forest. After a while, without realizing, she left the safe zone. She was more focused on exploring. She didn't even have any heavy armor equipped or anything. Suddenly, she heard a dark chuckle in the distance. She tensed, rather quickly equipping her weapon. She looked around. "Who's there?!" She called. She gulped. A male came out from behind a tree. "I'm offended.. don't you remember me?" He pouted. "No.." Evangeline studied the male. Though, he seemed familiar. She just couldn't put her finger on it. "You and that boy you're traveling with.. killed my best friend. You killed Matthew." He growled. "For years I've been searching for you two.. I didn't think it'd be so long.. sure, everyone else died looking for you.. but no. I won't give up. Not until you pay for what you did.. through death!!" He laughed, moving to strike. Evangeline dodged, tensing up. Misaki wouldn't be able to save her this time. Fuck! Why did I let him take that damn nap?! Why did I wander so far!? She thought. She blocked a hit with her sword, using her foot to kick the male back. The two began fighting. Though, somehow Evangeline was weaker. She didn't understand why. She bit her lip, starting to run towards the safe Zone. She got right to the edge, screaming as loud as she could, hoping someone would hear her. She turned, only to be grabbed by the male. He began dragging her deep into the forest, away from the safe zone. "Oh no.. you're not gonna cry for help. You're gonna fight me.. and you're going to lose!" He stabbed his sword into her abdomen from behind, her health declining. He yanked it out, little red pixels falling from Eva as she fell to the ground. 

Misaki was sleeping in the most peaceful way possible. In all honesty, Thomas hadn't been able to sleep more than a couple hours in normal inns. His nerves and paranoia always left a sinking feeling in his stomach. But now, no one knew where he was, nothing was going to haunt his dreams. No one plaguing his every waking and sleeping moments. He let out all his breath and sighed peacefully in his sleep. Why were these beds so comfy? Why couldn't inns have nice beds like this, it would probably help lull him to sleep easier. Misaki usually slept lightly, always on alert for any noises in the night. But in broad daylight, noises could be heard a little less easier. Though that didn't stop him from hearing a scream close by. He sat up lightning quick, gasping for breath. Misaki couldn't tell if it was a dream or not, he could hear the scream ringing in his ears. He got out of bed and wandered into the living room. He picked up his sword off the dining room table, going to the door. His heart was racing, he didn't even think of putting his shirt back on as he traveled outside towards the forest. 

Thomas instinctively began to sneak, silencing his footsteps and using his high leveled searching ability. His eyes lit up a bright green as he surveyed the area. He could see two pair of footprints on the ground, one looked like it was struggling. He tried to mess with his jacket, but realized with a start he didn't put on his armor nor even a shirt before he left. Someone was in trouble though, he didn't have time to go back. And he had a sinking feeling that Eva was somehow involved. He finally saw a clearing up ahead, and he could hear some guy yelling. He approached, crouching behind a bush and peering through. Eva was on her knees, a sword was through her lower stomach. He tensed up, unsheathing his sword. He jumped out of the bush, using his agility and speed, he sprinted across and slashed the man's cheek. He ran behind him then turned around with a smile. "You might want to pick on someone your own size, though I can see why a peewee like you might hurt a girl." His sword wrist twitched, "This will be fun," He chuckled darkly.

Evangeline watched Misaki come out of no where. "No..." She whispered. She coughed, then went into her inventory and got out a health potion. She quickly downed it. She had no choice. She was still weak, but she grabbed her sword and stood up. The male, baffled that Misaki had come out. "Fuck..you're still alive?!" He growled. "Oh.. this will be fun. Now I can kill the both of you!" Of course, he went for Eva first. She was weak. 

"Why wouldn't I be alive? Either you were with the guy or I told you he was dead when I talked to his 'guild'. You can't feign any kind of innocence in this position," He said, deathly calm. "Kill me?" He chuckled darkly. Thomas was cut off short as the boy went for Eva first. She had taken a health potion but it would take a minute for it to take effect. Seeing no other choice, he jumped in front of Eva. The sword went clean through him. Misaki coughed, red pixels floated in the air and by his wound. Pain welled up in his stomach. "Weak arm, you should learn to swing that sword better," He spat out with a laugh. Using what strength he had, he removed the sword clean from his body. "You think you can kill me? I'm a god in this game, I can kill you with one swipe of my weapon. I'm not afraid of low life like you," He growled. His health was about halfway gone since he didn't have armor, but he could kill this guy quickly enough. He slashed at him, before disappearing and reappearing behind him, trying to stab him in the back with his two-handed sword.

Evangeline watched the two fight. The male, once he was killed, disappeared into tiny pixels. Evangeline looked to Misaki. "Thank you for saving me.. again.." She mumbled. "I really need to get stronger.." She uttered. She sighed "You need to heal yourself." She whispered. She walked to him. She softly kissed his cheek. "Thank you.." She said again, before turning and heading back towards the cabin. "You coming?" She smiled. 

Misaki watched the male turn his head slightly, coughing out red pixels. He smiled at Thomas, before he disappeared in a flurry of white and teal pixels. Misaki put his sword away and pressed his hand to the wound in his stomach. It hurt like hell, but at least blood wasn't a thing in the game. Thomas turned his head slightly to look at Eva, "Could you be a bit careful please. I know it may seem safe out here, but it's not. Crazy people and monsters can roam these woods. I know I joked about ghosts, but hell, there could be some of those too," He paused as Eva kissed his cheek. He watched her, "You're welcome." He turned towards where the cabin was, looking at his health bar. If he could just deal with the pain for a couple hours, he wouldn't have to use a health potion. Misaki began limping towards the cabin. "Don't worry about me."

"Okay mom," she joked. "Do you need help?" She asked. "I'm not trying to baby you.. just.." She bit her lip. "Do you need a health potion?" She asked, opening her inventory. "I can spare one.. if you want." She titled her head. 

"Yeah, listen. I just killed someone. Like a real person, I murdered him. You can't look at me like I'm some worried mother. You either need to learn how to defend yourself or find a bodyguard. Because there are crazy people out there that will kill you if it suits their whim. And I can't be protecting you all the time. Especially when real people are dying. No one deserves to die for a game," He said. "And no, I don't want your health potion, I'll be fine." Thomas pushed on ahead, keeping his hand pressed firmly into his stomach. "I may look crazy, and say crazy things. But there are much worse people out there, those who kill for sport. You need to be careful, you need to be stronger," He went up onto the porch of the cabin and turned to her. "No offense, but I don't really feel like dying for you, ok? I'm going to sleep this off. I'll see you later." He headed inside.

Evangeline frowned. She sighed, waiting till Misaki had gone inside. She crossed her arms and pouted, then looked away. "I'm supposed to be taking a break from training.." She uttered, walking off. She spent the next few hours, going into the night fighting off mobs. She didn't bother to go back that evening, until very early in the morning. She came back, once in the safe zone going down to a very light amount of armor. She sat at the lake, running her hands through it. 

Misaki heard what she said, but only sighed in response. He immediately went back into the room he had claimed. He scrubbed his face with his hands, shaking his head. Eva was almost hopeless, he wasn't sure why he was sticking around. There was no point, if he kept saving her, how would she figure out she needed to get stronger? Thomas is a high level, but he got here by having many near-death experiences and scary moments. You think she'd learn from her first scrape with death. He ran his fingers through his red hair and fell face-first into his bed. He squeezed his eyes shut and yawned. He couldn't worry about it now, she wasn't going to do anything reckless now, hopefully. He fell asleep quite quickly.

Evangeline sighed, hugging her knees. She decided to take on options. She made a list in her head. 1. Just stay out of all danger and never go outside a safe zone again. This one is stupid. I'd spend the rest of the stupid game being on only the floors I've beat. 2. Get someone a body guard. I'm not gonna give into what Misaki said. I can handle this. 3. Get someone to help me get stronger. Who though? The only person I really know is Misaki, and he doesn't even like me. 4. Kill myself what's the point in that? 5. ----

she left #5 blank. She sighed, getting up and throwing a stone into the lake. "God! Why does everything have to go wrong?!" She suddenly shouted. She covered her mouth, then blushed heavily. She rolled her eyes at herself, and then started walking again. She paced a bit, unsure of what to do. She bit her lip, getting a teleport crystal out. "Sorry Misaki.." She mumbled. She teleported back to the entrance of the current floor. She went off to find something, anything that could help her. She walked towards a poster. Duels! Of course! She couldn't die in the safe zone, and this would give her a chance to get her strength up. She hurried off to the designated area. She watched them for a moment. Though, she was a bit nervous. But that didn't stop her from entering the duel. She'd be next. 

Thomas rolled over in his bed, curling himself into a ball and snoring softly. His ears barely made out the sound of Eva's scream, but he was too caught up in his own dreams to pay attention. Well, dreams were more like nightmares.

He could see all the people he's killed, Matthew, Azule, his guild, everyone. He could see their dying faces, a smile as they stared up at him. He didn't deserve it, he didn't deserve to be smiled at. He could see Eva, her struggling to fight a shadowy figure and getting herself slaughter. Her figure bursting into white pixels as she gave him a warm smile. He didn't want to lose anyone else, let someone else die. Kill someone. He didn't want too. It hurt so much. He thrashed in his sleep, mumbling a couple names, one including Eva's. He turned over onto his side, tears slid down his cheek although he was deep in sleep. These nightmares would haunt him for a long time to come...

Evangeline got into the circle, looking at her opponent. A male, obviously a lot stronger than herself. She frowned, observing his stance. He wasn't balanced. She would use that to her advantage. She looked at his sword, he was using one almost too heavy for him. She took a breath, taking a stance. She would use her ability to her best ability. Gymnastics helped in the real world. When they were given the okay to duel, the male instantly charged. Evangeline jumped out of the way, turning back to the male. In the end, Evangeline would end up winning a few duels. She ended up leaving and going back to the cabin. She felt stronger, her stats were up by a bit. But not that much. She went inside the cabin, hearing Misaki mutter her name. She tensed slightly. He's having a nightmare..? She gulped. She walked over to the bed, gently shaking him. "Misaki.. wake up. Come on.. wake up. It's alright." She bit her lip. 

Misaki woke up with a startled expression, his vision blurry from tears. He instantly put his palms to his eyes as he took in Eva's face above his. "Ah, crap," He paused, his bottom lip trembling. "What's wrong?" He mumbled sleepily, knowing full well he was probably thrashing and making horrible noises in his sleep. Sometimes he was kicked out of inns for screaming bloody murder in his sleep. So it was better to not sleep at all. "Is everything alright?" He finally spoke again, his voice a bit quiet. He took his hands off his eyes when he knew he got rid of all the tears. His eyes were still puffy though, and he was frowning up at Eva. He wiped the tears on his bare stomach and sniffed.

"That's what I was going to ask you.." Evangeline mumbled. "You were obviously having some sort of nightmare.." She shrugged. "I'm fine yeah.. I just beat some dude in a duel." She smirked. "He was a lot stronger than me too.. but I was able to pick out some flaws." She shrugged. "Anyway. Do you wanna talk about your nightmare..?"

"I'm fine," He snapped, not wanting to talk about it. He sat up and looked down at his hands. "Oh yeah?" He changed the subject, smiling weakly, "That's good. I suppose it's good you took what I said to heart." He scratched the back of his head. "No, not really. I might just go out and train," He mumbled, standing and throwing the sheets onto the bed. He picked up his shirt as he left the room. He rubbed his eyes a couple times, splashing some water on his face in the kitchen sink. His stomach grumbled, but he decided to ignore it. "I saw some training dummies outside," He called to Eva.