Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Alcarie

Searching for 1x1's

So, it's been a while. :3
I used to be pretty active on the forums, but life got in the way. You know college, graduating(!), trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing with my life..
The creative juices are flowing now that school's not taking up all my time and I find myself really wanting to write!
Roleplay's have always been a favorite form of expression for me, and I do love PA still, so though it was time to return and see if anyone here still roleplays.

Alright, plot!
...I don't have a specific one...

That being said, I can come up with one or you can tell me your idea! I will try almost anything.
The list below, however, will give you a hint of what I cannot/will not roleplay and a hint of what I will.
Also, there are some basic plots below that we can tweak if one of those interests you just to get things started.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Wills and Will Not's

Things that Interest Me:
~Warrior Cats
~Action
~Fantasy / Magic
~Dark Themes / Killing
~Mysteries
~Apocalyptic
~Book/Movie related (specific ones)
~Plots that give players a bit of wriggle room
~Roleplay's that have a 'means to an end'
~Ones that allow creative characters

Things that Do No Interest Me:
~Pokemon (I don't know enough about it)

~Regular or Monster-ish Highschool
~Simple wolf/horse/ect pack/herd without a good plot behind it
~Overly done plots
~Hunger Games / Camp Halfblood type plots

~Harry Potter (I don't like it, I'm sorry)
~Animes (I don't know enough about any of them)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Plot Ideas
Here are some plots we can work with and tweak to suit both of us. Or throw your own at me!

Archaeology and You
One or both characters are working on an ancient site, trying to uncover its mysteries. They break something by accident/uncover something/step on a portal/anger a god of the ancient civilization, ect. and something happens.
- Maybe they get teleported back into the ancient times of that civilization and are worshiped or are thoughts of as evil?
- Maybe their cursed somehow? They could see the dead of that civilization who haunt them, they get extremely sick/possessed, or are granted terrible powers?
- Maybe someone from that ancient civilization gets teleported into our time (could be one of our characters?) and the other has to figure out how to hide this ancient being who had no idea what technology, ect. is? I kinda like this one.~
- Any more ideas? I'm open to hearing them!

{-.-.-.-}
Thief in the Night
One or both of our characters are master thief's/assassins/gang members/etc.
- Maybe one of our characters gets caught in the middle of a 'turf war' or something and the other 'saves' them, uses them as bait or a hostage, attempted to kill them, whatever. Then both have to go on the run for whatever reason from both the bad guys and the cops. Kinda like its these two (who possibly hate each other) against the world.
- Or one is a higher up in a 'gang,' group, mafia, bratva (eh, one of my main characters is one of these so I mentioned it), ect. and the other is maybe at the wrong place at the wrong time? The bad guy takes an interest in the other for whatever reason and turns their normal life upside down. I feel a whole lot of love/hate here.

- There quite a few other things that could be done with this that I'm just to lazy to type. :3

{-.-.-.-}
Monsters Ahoy
Perhaps one of our characters is some type of cryptid, or monster (such as Eshuzur on my Character Profile Storage page for example), while the other is a regular human (or another monster, don't care!). 
- If one is a monster while the other is human then maybe the world is out to kill the monster while the human attempts to protect them? Which is not easy, considering the other is most decidedly not human and may show signs of monster-like behavior. This plot could include romance (or not depending on the monster) or strong friendship depending on what you want. There could be an organization specifically designed to hunt monsters? Or the world could be exactly like ours and cryptids, such as Bigfoot, are legends that some think are real, but in reality are likely not...only there are.
- For some reasons I'm thinking about those shows that are out looking for Bigfoot. One character could be on that show, but instead of finding Bigfoot they find a different monster?
- Perhaps both are monsters? Maybe they don't realize this if they can appear human at times. There could be an organization hunting them and they are maybe the last two who've not been captured and are on the run while trying to figure out a way to save the others like themselves? I have no idea...

{-.-.-.-}
Children of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse
I have done this on PA before, but it's been a while. Basically each of our characters end up being the biological child of one of the Horsemen (Death, War, Famine, Pestilence/Conquest depending on which version you want to go with). They get the powers associated with their father, their horse, and their responsibility of destroying the world. Oh, and there's also Pagan gods out to kills them before they can complete their 'duty.' However, it's the question of if they want to destroy the world, while dodging Zeus, Odin, Osiris, Quetzalcoatl, ect at the same time. Though, some of the Pagan gods might be friendly, you never know!
- This one could be a roleplay for four people if enough are interested. Or we can each have two horsemen (or horsewomen).

{-.-.-.-}
The Gray Pack
Again, I did this one before and people seemed to like it. It's a bit more structured than a lot of roleplays, but does allow for freedom of character choices and whatnot. Again, this one would likely have to be more of a group roleplay, but if you interested in it I have no problem working out plots with you and giving you as much power over the roleplay as myself. Though, I suppose somehow we could turn it into a 1x1.~
Here's the link of the old one for a bit more information.
Basically it's about a pack of werewolves (if you've ever seen Blood and Chocolate it's more like those werewolves) who live in a manor and basically 'control' a city with their smarts. Pack Law states, however, that no human can ever learn of a werewolves existence. If they do, that human must be silenced. So, the pack is large, strong, and wealthy. Until a rouge pack of werewolves with no Law starts killing people in the city, which threaten the packs, and entire werewolf's population, with extinction. Particularly when the FBI come sniffing around trying to figure out the murders going on in the city and starts eyeing our pack. Plus, the rouges are more than interested in the packs territory and will kill to claim it. So there are threats from all sides, including the inside, that could topple our pack and quite possibly exterminate the werewolf population as a whole.

{-.-.-.-}
DreamWorld
Your a normal human, living in a normal city, leading a normal life. Or at least, that's what your thought. What your didn't realize was that you were being targeted by dark creatures living in a place called DreamWorld. The fabric of DreamWorld are intricately interwoven together - so intricately, in fact, that rumors of their world seep into ours - vampires, werewolves, demons; and rumors of our world seep into theirs. There are no humans in DreamWorld, of course. Their all legendary creatures there. Mythical Beasts
It just so happens that the so called normal city you're living in is so intricately connected to the DreamWorld that those with powerful magic have been able to walk between the worlds, a pathway that has been open for centuries. Of course, no human being has magic, let alone the powerful stuff. That's absurd. So naturally, the only people who manage to use this walkway are the nightmarish creatures living in that so called dreamplace...
But it's not like they can do it whenever they please. Oh no. It takes a lot of energy to walk between the worlds, after all. They need to make a blood pact with a member of the other side of they want to gain the ability and the powers that come with it - ah, and this person just happens to be you. Although, Blood Pact is a misleading term. You don't actually have to agree to it, so long as they get your blood. And lets face it; a monster is going to have little problems with taking you by surprise.
There's just a slight problem. The blood pact has to be completed in the DreamWorld to it to be valid - Earth's energy is not as strong, after all. That means your contractor needs to drag you into their world and keep you there, for a time. Problem is, the DreamWorld has a lot of spare energy drifting about the place - that's why the creatures here are so 'magical.' It wouldn't be surprising if you gained some nifty tricks and your contractor had a fight on their hands...

{-.-.-.-}

These are just human based ones, but if you prefer an animal based one please let me know and I can come up with plots for those as well. This is just getting a bit too lengthy to add many more.~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

My Character Profile Storage here on PA if anyone wants to see some of the characters I might use or who you can pick from.
Or an example of my writing style.

You can post here or PM if interested in a plot posted, something different, or with your own plot!

I am actually looking for role play for my mage thief(male), I don't have a ton of time as I have work so I might only get one reply a night but I usually prefer to keep them at a paragraph or two at the very least. I think we have once spoke of a possible role play in the past? Usually I prefer any sort of dark fantasy style role plays.

My character in case you haven't seen him lurking around here before.

@Creus I do believe we talked about starting a roleplay with your mage thief at one time? Not sure what happened though. DX Of course I'd be willing to start a roleplay! Do you have a plot in mind? Or are you just wanting something that follows along with your mages history? Oh, and just so I can start looking through my characters, are you wanting my character to be male or female?

@darkxros3x Awesome! Are you wanting to play the "imaginary" friend or the human who see's them?

I don't think it ever reached the point where we got started and unfortunately I am a bit out of it from work today so I don't have any ideas in mind but any sort of role play that I can use him in will do, I am not too picky I think. As for your character, I generally prefer female but male is fine as well.

@darkxros3x That's fine.^^ Are you wanting to play a male or female? As for a bit of a plot, do you have anything specific you want to see happen in the roleplay? Such as my ghost being malicious, or there being other mythical beings in the world, if your character wants the ghost gone, etc. I'm pretty open for anything.

@Creus Hm, maybe we could take a bit of the 'Thief in the Night' ideas from above and tweak them to fit into a roleplay? And during what time period would you prefer? From your mages description it sounded like he was born during an earlier period (such as medieval or just a bit earlier). I can try to come up with something more concrete once I know what your more comfortable with and we can tweak it to fit both of us from there. I can play a female, though I might be a bit rusty at it since I usually play males.~

That sounds good to me, my character is a thief after all and I do like the first suggestion. Also yeah, his bio is geared for medieval or earlier type time lines, I am not too picky about when, I do a lot of medieval style role plays, even some early steam punk ones(people are just starting get into steam, a lot of things are still horse power though) with him. Generally I just create a world to fit the characters and the role play, as he does have a pet wolf and I usually include his evil/insane horse lol. As for male and female, I used to prefer strictly females for this character but I am doing a role play now with him and another male and its going pretty well so I am open to both

Edit: I forgot to add that I like to throw in the danger of hunters/slayers trying to kill the character(s) depending on whether or not they are both human just as as another danger they might face, including extreme prejudice against non-human/supernatural types

@Creus You mean this suggestion?:
 "Maybe one of our characters gets caught in the middle of a 'turf war' or something and the other 'saves' them, uses them as bait or a hostage, attempted to kill them, whatever. Then both have to go on the run for whatever reason from both the bad guys and the cops. Kinda like its these two (who possibly hate each other) against the world."
I'm game for that!

I honestly don't know much about steampunk, but a medieval style with fantasy aspects works fine with me.~ We can of course play around with world building as we go along as well. Though, how 'fantasy' are you comfortable with? Are you wanting one that has mages, witches, and other more 'normal' beings, or a place with dragons, unicorns, and ogres as well? Just curious, because I'd love to use Illium, who is a type of talking, poisonous, quilled ferret-thing, but if that's a bit to out-of-the-box I won't.
If it's alright, of course, I'd really rather prefer to play a male for this type of 'possibly hate each other' plot. I have females who I could use in a pinch, but those who could survive this type of thing I've not used much. Their personality would be all over the place...

Just an idea to get things rolling, and feel free to add on or shoot the idea down!, but perhaps my character somehow uses yours as 'bait' (maybe they leak his location or something) to lure the hunters/slayers out and things go FUBAR? Thus they have to go on the run together. I'm not sure yet if I want my character to be human or something else. I'm leaning towards human though.

Yes, that one

Also any sort of fantasy is fine with me lol I love dragons and in some role plays my character pet has some abilities such as being able to communicate by telepathy it might be interesting to have him and your Illium to interact if he is a pet/side kick to your character, perhaps all sorts of creatures exist but they are 'rare' and the majority of them stay hidden from humans? Maybe some unusual beasts are occasionally kept as pets/in zoo's and are coveted by the wealthy/lords and nobles type but those animals are few and far between and most commoners tend to either be nervous around them or perhaps a little too interest. Such as they tell 'collectors' that a rare animal has been spotted and those collectors will do anything to get their hands on them? As for the abnormal humans, they tend to be feared and are often either hunted down and killed or possibly enslaved by some wealthy lord, kept kind of like the zoo animals or slave soldiers? It could possibly be one thing that sort of brings our characters together, protecting their only trusted ally when some villager reports them to collector and one or both get stolen?

And sure, my character doesn't stick around much he is more of a traveling thief, he is very careful up to the point that he is a bit paranoid but perhaps your character and he start out by trying to steal the same thing from the same place? Mine beats yours to it but yours see's him use magic and lures the hunters to him, intent on using the hunters to take care of him while yours makes away with the stolen treasure. Only to have my character flee back to his hiding spot to grab the treasure, runs into yours and the hunter end up going after both of them? Perhaps assuming they are both non-humans types as these are people who have no real way to tell who is who, just like the witch trials they just kind of point and shoot and hope they got the right thing and didn't kill a normal human?

All of that sounds perfectly okay to me.~ Illium is basically a grumpy old man in a ferret-things body, so it'll be interesting to see how he interacts with your characters side-kick/pet; he'll hate your mage though just because he hates most everyone. But yeah, I like the idea that their affection for their sidekicks/pets is something that could bring them together. Plus it adds other plot things into the mix.^^

That works fine, I wasn't sure how you'd prefer the first meeting to go which works for your character. I do like this idea better though (kinda reminds me of the beginning of an action-comedy movie XD). To make it work for my character as well, perhaps the hunter's are a bit well thought of throughout the common people? That way since they've labelled my character a non-human he cannot go back to his family - which is what he'd have done otherwise and left your mage to fend for himself.

I've come up with three characters who would work for this roleplay, each alike in some ways (their siblings), but different in others. From these general descriptions, which would you prefer me to use? I like all of them equally so...

1. Extremely gruff and alpha male. Tends to not play well with those outside of his family and has serious trust issues. However, if you gain his trust he's still a bit gruff but much more willing to listen and bend. He might even crack a smile once in a blue-moon. If you are able to gain his affection (not necessarily romantic) he's a bit more easy-going, and will show a softer side that he so rarely uses he'll almost be awkward and bashful. Don't expect this anytime soon...in terms of skills he's best with hand-to-hand combat and knife-work; not so much long range weapons or swords. He's cunning and sometimes cruel to get what he wants. He's extremely leery about 'magical' people, and in a way fears and dislikes them.

2. Sarcastic and a loose cannon describe this guy. He's talkative, but rarely says anything that could condemn him, charismatic, charming, and a bit of a little sh*t. He's the families wild-card because he's hard to pin-down. He might make you think he's your best friend then stab you in the back with a smile. Not that he necessarily happy about killing, but he does like to win. He may also make you think he trusts you, but he tends to keep his trust and his heart to himself. All-in-all, don't believe in your first impression of him and don't be surprised if he turns on you. His skills include grifting (or becoming 'someone else' both physically and sometimes mentally to get inside somewhere, information, ect.), and hand-to-hand combat; though not as good at this as the first guy). This one ends things usually through cunning, assassination, and words rather than physical violence. He does not particularly have any feelings about 'magical' people one way or the other.

3. Calm, cool, collected, and a bit emotionless. Trying to get inside this guys head or see through his outward façade is like hitting a brick wall. He's got serious trust issues, even with his own family, and keeps most of himself locked away so he won't get hurt. He knows his squishy parts (heart included) are much more vulnerable than his siblings and he's not great at picking himself up. Thus, he figures if he keeps it all locked away then he'll be okay. He's done this for so long (he's the oldest of the three here) that in some ways he's forgotten what it feels like to really feel. He's the most calculated and methodical, and also the book smartest of the three; though his street-smart could use work. He'll make a kill quickly and efficiently and not care whose collateral. He's good with swords and knives, and an okay shot with a bow. He knows how to defend himself in hand-to-hand combat, but he's not great at it and should not rely on this. Like his first brother, he's not a fan of mages and whatnot.

It would make sense for them to hide the fact that they accidentally/intentionally? Murder innocent people if they bosted about killing dangerous things to the frightened lot of commoners. Naturally most would probably view the hunters as some sort of guardian/saviors from evil when the truth is far from that. Perhaps they are generally seen as white knights, all glory and goodness by the average person and they would probably make sure to find ways to silence those who said differently. 

As for the character, the third sounds a bit to much like my mage so it probably wouldn't work out so well, I do like the first two though so maybe some combination of the two or, well whatever you prefer? 

Yeah, I figured the hunters lie about their true intentions and motivations so that their seen more as guardians to the commoners. White knights sound good.~ As for the characters, the first two are two separate people and two of my favorites so I couldn't combine them - if that makes sense? I think in terms of this roleplay the first one's weariness of mages would make things more complicated and thus interesting. So I think I'll go with him if that works for you.

Would you prefer to roleplay on a thread or through PM's?

That sounds good to me

And I don't care whether the role play is pm or thread so whatever you prefer. I am at work now but I will be back in about three hours. Sundays and Mondays are a bit rough at work for me so I may be slow to respond those days

I understand a hectic schedule.~ Don't worry about replying if you don't feel like it or whatnot.
Eh, a thread should work fine if that's okay. They load a lot faster on my crappy wifi.

Are you going to use the bio you've already created for your mage? If so, would you like me to follow that format for my character? I'll start working on him today so that'll hopefully be ready by tomorrow.

It doesn't matter to me, usually I  use the bio I have already made when I can, saves me the time and energy of having to remake it lol. That or I just convert it  to fit whatever format is used, adding or taking away as needed.

I saw that you got it up, where do you want to start? Also I was thinking for the government, just the standard king/queen? Perhaps something like a local police force in every town, run by knights whom answer to lord whom intern answer to the king or queen?

Sorry about the late reply! That government type works fine with me, I'm not to picky.

Perhaps we can start about where we talked about earlier? Where your mage beats Kit to the jewel/money/thing (you can pick out whatever it is if you'd like)? Would this work? And would you like to start, or would prefer for me to start?

I am back now, sorry for vanishing. I had family that was supposed to come down next week come a week early, I just found out yesterday and have pretty much been going from work to where they are staying so I have been gone from 6 am to 10 pm....anyway I now finally have time so I will get this whole thing started soon. How does a crisp autumn night sound for a starting place?

Alright, also I am experimenting with Blitz's abilities as his powers are loosely based off of the dogs Chap and Shade from the noble dead saga. Since its more of a mental/telepathic thing I figure I should ask first or go with something more basic.

Basically Blitz can 'speak' through the mind but he does not have his own voice, rather he communicates through memories. Basically he can skim the surface of ones thoughts and memories and bring up images, for example if he is hungry he may randomly cause a picture of sausage they saw appear as a picture of sorts in there head, he can also share images from person to person or from him to a person. This would be his basic line of communication though as he advances his skills and familiarizes himself with the person he can also share other memories, words, scents ect. Eventually he will learn to string words together from different memories, forming a sort of odd multi-faceted voice of sorts. An example of this would be  "Hi my name is Blitz" with each color in that sentence representing a different speaker, different words he overheard from his life or snatched up from others memories so he can for example grab a word from Kit's father from a memory and another from a voice from my characters past and use them to help form a sentence. He only skims surface memories though, so he would not be digging into any ones past or any deep, dark memories.

That or I can stick with the very simple, classic form of telepathy if you are not comfortable with the former