Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
nlys

Wolfe & Raven (Mage and I)

She’s a wolf. He’s a vampire. For many years their two factions have held an uneasy truce in a centuries old war. Now they are being forced into a more permanent alliance if both races wish to survive the quickly growing advancement of humankind. The solution; the marriage between the vampires Prince and the werewolf’s alpha-in-training.

I think we both understand and know the rules :)

My Character:
Name: Charlie Wolfe
Personality: Charlie is a sensible, 'head screwed on' kind of girl. She knows her duty is to her pack and will put them first before herself. She learned the meaning of responsibility young and has a strong hatred for the vampires and she would rather die than have a single conversation with one. She believes in strength in numbers but will stand and fight alone if she absolutely has too. She strives to be a better Alpha than her father as she sees him as a weak Alpha, striving for peace between the Pack and the vampire clans.
History: Charlie lost her mother when she was very young to a rogue vampire attack, fueling her hatred for the vampires. She was forced to grow up way before her time and look after her much younger siblings when their fathers duty to the pack took him away from his children, which was more often than not. A few years after she was chosen by the pack elders to take over as Alpha after her father, he fell deathly ill. The pack elders believe he only has a few years left in him before it is Charlie time to take over.
Appearance:
Image result for girl brown hair

Name: Jasper Raven

Age: Roughly 300 years old at the moment, he's quite young in the community. He looks 19

Picture: 7a9505580157d0925fb8fe60c0730f6d--woman-hairstyles-cute-guys.jpg

Description: Jasper has dark brown almost black hair, and his hair is usually seen slicked back because of its unruliness. He's six feet tall on the nose. His has piercing burgundy eyes that only turn an inky black when he is starving. He looks lanky, but don't underestimate him. He is a vampire after all.

Personality: RP out

History: Born under the prestigious Raven clan, he was always at the top. He never had to struggle and likes it that way. His mother is one of the oldest vampires in history, and his father was just a fledgling when they had him. His father died mysterious and his mother rules over the vampires with an iron fist. He is technically the 'prince', though he doesn't really see it that way. Werewolves don't really bother him, but he's been told stories and he is a bit uncomfortable speaking with and/or speaking of one.

Other?: None

Charlie ran and didn't stop. It doesn't leave a good impression to run from ones responsibilities but she had no choice. She felt like the walls were closing in around her back at the house after the news she just received. Panic set in and she needed to get out of there, she didn't care for the fact she had no shoes on and was sprinting barefoot through the forest surrounding her packs small pocket of land. Yes, the rocks and sticks underfoot hurt a little but they hurt far less than what she now knew. How could her father do something like this to her, to the pack. An alliance with the vampires in absurd but a marriage proposal is unthinkable. Unacceptable. She'd sooner kill her brothers and the pack than marry one of those bloodthirsty monsters. The cliff edge brings her mad sprint to a halt and she doubles over, panting and clutching her ribs. The pain of betrayal hurting far too much. What is her father thinking? The Pack would never survive a more permanent alliance with the vampires, she wouldn't survive. Her father was the one that found her mothers body, mangled and torn to pieces at the hands of one of them. 

She straightens and looks out at the forest before her, stretching for miles all around. Her home. The one her mother died protecting. What would become of it if her father and that horrid vampire lady came to some agreement? The thought of her home being overrun sends a wave of fear and anger rushing through her veins and it takes everything in her power to stop the Shift. Instead, she screams out over the cliff, her voice carrying out into the trees fall below her.

"You're not listening. Jasper, look at me," His mother demanded, her voice deathly low. Jasper glanced up from the book he was reading, blinking slowly. "I've been listening the whole time, mind you. A marriage between a werewolf and I." His mother straightened up and put her hands on her hips, "And, what do you think of all this?" She questioned. Jasper put his book down and sat up, scratching the back of his head, "It doesn't matter what I think, you've already settle matters, haven't you?"

"But your opinion would be welcomed, my son."

"You've told me many stories of werewolves, they sound feral, fearless, and monstrous. I'm baffled you would even suggest an alliance. So, no, I'm not particularly happy about what you've done. But I will respect your wishes, madam," He said with a bored sigh. His mother eyed him for a few moments, "The girl is not happy about this, her father said his wife was killed by one of our kind. But this is necessary with the human population out of control. We can barely live our lives anymore, I'm afraid for our whole clan." Jasper stood up, dusting off his shirt, "And you think this alliance will help?"

"Most definitely."

Charlie sat alone on the edge of the cliff hours, thinking about the sudden direction her life had taken. For years she'd had everything planned out perfectly when it was time to take her fathers place as alpha. Now that didn't seem to be something she couldn't see clearly anymore. The soft sound of footsteps carried to her from the treeline and she turned around to find her younger brothers standing there, looking identical. Brown hair and blue eyes, the family trait. Charlie nodded and they joined her, legs dangling over the edge of the cliff, a brother on each side. The height didn't frighten them, they'd been coming and sitting in this very spot all their lives. She rested her head on Luke's shoulder, the older of the pair and sighed. "Father told you, didn't he?" Luke nodded. "And what do you think of all this?" Charlie spoke to both of them and they were silent for a while.

"I don't like it anymore than you do, Big Sis, but I can understand why he's done it." Luke wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "The humans are a bigger problem now than they have ever been before." Their youngest brother, Brad, leaned forward to see both of them. "If you believe a word the elders say. I haven't seen a human in these woods for years. What if this is just a vampire plot to destroy us for good? Did anyone ever think of that?" Charlie sat up and laughed at the young wolf. "Brad, you've only been patrolling our woods for two years, you don't know what you're talking about." 

He huffed. "I know I don't want one of them to get his grubby hands on my sister. Our next alpha." Luke scuffs him on the back of his head. "Dads still got plenty of years left in him as Alpha yet, he won't the joining the elders any time soon. So watch your mouth, kid." In a blink Brad is on his feet. "Oh yeah, what are you gonna do about it? I can say what I like." Luke sees the challenge and rises to meet it instantly. As much as they have grown up over the last couple of years, they are still boys with big egos and the wolf blood in them doesn't help matters as Luke tackles his younger brother into the dirt. Charlie merely rolls her eyes and looks back to the forest before her. They all know who will win.

"I've scheduled a meeting with your betrothed, it will be tonight," His mother told him, her eyes piercing his. Jasper nodded, "So soon? If she is upset about this marriage, I would think she would disagree meeting so early," He responded lightly. She nodded, "I assume so, but she will be there if for nothing more than pleasantries. She is going to be the alpha of her pack after all. It's common courtesy," She explained. And with that, Jasper's mother left him to his own thoughts in the study. Jasper sat down, dragging his hands down his face and letting out a long sigh. He couldn't believe his mother is so scared of the humans she would make a pact with the werewolves. Jasper picked up his book, staring at the words but not really reading them. He could feel his irritation and desperation bubbling up. Without a word, Jasper hurled the book across the room as hard as he could. It hit one of the bookcases with a smack, cracking the wood. He got up, needing to leave the study for a while, maybe get some fresh air. 

When Charlie eventually grew bored and had calmed down, she left the cliff face and turned toward the packs little village. Her brothers, noticing she no longer needed them, shifted into their wolf forms and continued to patrol the forest. Charlie did not know if there was anything more her father had to tell her. As soon as she heard the words she was to marry one of the vampires she'd left the house in a rage. She prided herself on being a calm and rational person, they are qualities needed in a leader after all but sometimes her emotions get the better of here. She returned to the house and found her father sitting in the same chair he'd been in when he told her the news. She walked over to him, knelt in front of him and held his hands in hers. "Father, I am sorry, but you must know this is something I cannot agree too." Her father squeezed her fingers, a sad smile on his face. "I will soon join the elders Charlie and you will need to take my place. Being the alpha is not easy and you will be faced with impossible choices just like I have been. I do not want my daughter to marry one of them, especially after what they did to your mother but I am thinking about the survival of our pack. We must all make sacrifices, this is the one you must make." Charlie sat on her knees her some time, quietly thinking over her fathers words. "When will we meet them?" She knew what she had to do and she didn't like it one bit. "We have arranged for a first meeting tonight, mainly to fully discuss the terms of this arrangement." Charlie shook her head. "But thats no time to prepare."

Jasper went outside. His mother and him lived on the outskirts of a human town, close to the forest where the werewolf pack lived. Most of their clan was scattered throughout the city, but some resided close by to the clan leader's home. Those were the vampires Jasper made friends with when he was a tot. Some of them were killed, some ran, some even became feral. It was a hard life indeed, now that the humans have grown in population. It was scary to think if a vampire hunter just waltzed right into town, they could probably figure out and kill every vampire in the town. It was a mind numbing thought. Jasper inadvertently shivered, even though he couldn't feel temperature in the first place. Werewolves were an unknown, Jasper had only met a couple in his lifespan, one was even a slave to a vampire. That was long ago though, when humans weren't as powerful as they were now. Jasper sighed and sat down on the patio, looking out over the forest. Somewhere in that large, expansive forest was the werewolf pack. And the girl he was betrothed to now. The werewolf girl. Jasper put his face in his hands, wishing he could just disappear.

Her father shook his head. "You must always be prepared, for anything." Charlie frowned. "Easier said than done." She had one more question for her father before she went to her room to wait out the afternoon. If this really is happening and wasn't just some sick joke, she really would need to prepare herself. As soon as the vampires set foot in the packs makeshift village, every instinct will be telling her to tear them to shreds. Her whole life she had been training to fight a vampire should one ever decide to enter pack territory. Now they were inviting them onto it without a second thought. "Does the pack know?" Her father looked out the window his chair was situated next too. "The elders are telling them now." Charlie clenched her hands into fists, she could only imagine how that was going. It was far easier for her to come to terms with but will be less so for the pack. Rogue vampire attacks are still a common occurrence for her wolves and with the most recent one still very fresh in their minds, she can only imagine the kind of welcome her new vampire guests will receive from her wolves.

"Jasper," After a couple hours of sitting outside just observing the forest with his own thoughts, his mother came out to join him. He turned his head towards her with a questioning look. "I've brought a couple of the clan over for protection in case this goes bad. I want you to go get dressed, we leave soon," She informed him, watching Jasper get up. She took his seat, crossing her legs and looking out over the forest as well. Jasper went through the kitchen, looking in on the supposed guards. Two were close family friends, and one was Jasper's older sister. She stared at him with her honey colored eyes as he traveled upstairs. He got into his room and prepared to go meet these werewolves. He put on a white button-up and black dress pants, smoothing back his hair and brushing his teeth. When he was done, he headed back down. His sister was speaking quietly with their mother. "Felicia," Jasper greeted her, patting her shoulder. "We should go, being late doesn't sit well with anyone, especially werewolves," Felicia warned. And they left.

It felt like time was moving at warp speed. One moment Charlie was alone in the house getting ready while her father went to help smooth things over with the pack and the next they were preparing to welcome their vampire guests. Most of the pack had been told to stay in their hand built cabins to prevent any incidents with only a select few out patrolling the village. Charlie remained inside the living room of her families cabin, staring out the window while her father and a few elders awaited the vampires arrival. Charlie peered through the curtains, a ball of nerves beginning to grow in her stomach. She knew little about the vampire she was to marry, only that he was a couple hundred years old and had probably killed many wolves in his centuries of life. She knew next to nothing about his mother either, her father never told Charlie about the head of the Raven clan vampires. She had no idea what to expect.

Jasper pressed a hand to his forehead, feeling a headache inch its way into his skull. This was not going to be the best night, he could already tell. Tensions were going to be through the roof, they were with most of the vampires at home when they were messaged about the alliance. The werewolves were probably going to be ten times worse, if what Jasper was told about them was true. He glanced towards his sister and mother, they were in the front speaking quietly. He wondered what they spoke about. Finally, Jasper could make out a clearing ahead. A small town of cabins were there, and they were hidden from plain sight, it was easy to overlook them. Jasper caught up with his mother, leaving the other guards to watch behind. "Please be polite, don't cause any trouble. I've raised you well," His mother hissed, giving him a look before they climbed the stairs to one of the cabins. She knocked a couple times and waited for an answer.

Her father and a few of the elders had joined her inside, positioning themselves on one side of the room and leaving the other half empty for thier guests. Charlie couldn't stay still and sit next too her father while they waited, instead she found herself pacing from one side of the room to another. "Charlie, would you please sit down, you're he going to put a hole in the floor." Charlie ignored the elder who spoke. She would have been more calm had she had a few days to prepare for a meeting after hearing the news but it comes as no surprise her father would spring something like this on her so out of the blue. He was always testing her with things and she'd have a hard time believing if this wasn't another one of those little tests. She stopped in the middle of the room when she heard the footsteps and there was more than just two. Of course they would bring others for protection, it only made sense. She glanced at her father when there was a knock at the door. "Will you sit down now, Charlie? Please." She followed the request this time as her father stood up to answer it and for the first time in their lives, vampires walked into their home.

Jasper clasped his hands together, nervousness and fear blooming in his chest. His presence here felt unnatural, and he felt like he was being watched from every angle. Children peeked out from cabin doors, and mothers ushered them inside with a dirty glance their way. He shifted from one foot to the other, casting nervous glances at his mother and sister. He was the one getting married, yet he feared for his life. What was the girl like? Has she killed any of his kind? Does she kill humans for sport? He shivered and crossed his arms, looking at the door. There was some talking, and the door opened. His mother instantly gave a quick curtsy, "Hello Alpha. I'm glad we could have this meeting tonight." His mother reached back and took ahold of Jasper's wrist, pulling him forward to stand next to her. He hesitantly looked up at the alpha, before bowing his head. "This is my son, Jasper Raven." She gave her son a stern sideways glance. Jasper straightened up and gave a quick polite smile. His hands were shaking something terrible, "It's nice to meet you, sir."

As soon as her father opened the door, their scent rushed inside and assaulted Charlies senses, causing her to screw up her nose. She'd been taught to recognise their scent early in her life but having never met a living vampire until now, she didn't realise how powerful it was. She could hear every word being said and bared her teeth at her fathers politeness. "Welcome." She saw her father extend a hand to the vampires as if they were old friends and Charlie couldn't help but curl her hands into fists. She knew her father had killed vampires before and now he was offering his daughter to them as a peace gesture while they dealt with the growing human threat. "It's a pleasure to see you again." Charlie had no idea which one her father was talking too but one of the elders reached across and held her wrist, giving Charlie a stern look and she forced herself to relax. "Nice to meet you too, Jasper. I'm Robert. Please, come in and take a seat." He stepped back inside, gesturing for the vampires to follow. "This is my daughter and the next alpha of the pack, Charlie Wolfe." The two elders with them stood up as the vampires entered the room and Charlie was a few seconds begind them. First was two women that looked to be in their primes but Charlie guessed it was hard to tell with vampires, they had eternal life after all. She could only stare bankly at them with no smile on her face as a male vampire followed them in and she didn't have to guess who he was. She dipped her head at the all but remained silent. She wasn't going to pretend she liked having them in her house and he father shook his head at her.

Jasper watched as his mother, Rosalie, shook hands with the alpha of the pack. His mother seemed to be quite polite and even nice when she spoke with Robert. But Jasper knew that his mother could lay it on thick when she wanted something. And she probably wanted this alliance more than anything. Jasper looked up when he was spoken too by the alpha. "Ah, thank you sir," He mumbled, inching forward slightly. Rosalie beckoned their guards inside, and they stood behind the seats where Jasper and her were going to sit. Felicia stood by Jasper's chair, and as he sat down, she gently put her hand on his shoulder as a calming gesture. He glanced up at her but didn't say a word. He held his breath as Robert introduced Charlie. Jasper knew werewolves didn't look like wolves all the time, but he wasn't expecting the girl to look so...beautiful. Jasper quickly crossed his legs and watched the girl with his dark red eyes. "So, is there anything you two would like to know? Any questions you would like to ask my son or anything you would like to discuss with us?" His mother questioned. Jasper tilted his head and looked at the alpha and his daughter as well. He could clearly tell that Charlie was hostile, but his mother seemed to not care or was ignoring it. 

Charlie watched the vampires closely. She'd never been in the same from with one before, let alone a whole group of them and wanted to take this chance to study them. Their movements and reactions. Their kinds have been enemies since forever. Robert claimed the empty seat beside his daughter, giving her a pleading look as he did so, asking her to try be polite and give the alliance the chance is needs. She just blinked at him but silently vowed she would try to put her personal feelings aside and think of what is best for the pack. Robert cleared his throat as he turned his attention once again to Rosalie and Jasper. "Firstly, I would like to thank you both for agreeing to this meeting. I know not all of us are happy with the circumstances but I do believe we are all taking the right path to a better future for both our kind." He takes a pause and Charlie shifts in her seat a little as the realization if it all hits her. She knew there was no way out of this and she only hoped Jasper didn't live up to all her expectations she had of the vampires but she knew better than to hope. "With that said," her father continues. "I believe it is best we don't beat around the bush and get straight to the importance of why we are all here." Charlie resisted the urge to roll her eyes at her father. She couldn't believe how civilized he was being and in any other situation she would have spoken her mind. She thought it best to remain quiet for now. "The most important thing right now are the terms of this alliance and marriage. My daughter will one day take my place as alpha and in doing so will still need to lead her people and make the necessary decisions that come along with that. I hope this is something you both understand. She is not just another werewolf." He spoke directly to Rosalie, from one leader to another, but his words were also for Jasper, clearly warning him not to treat his daughter as an enemy but as his equal.

Charlie was content for the moment to see how things would play out before she got herself involved in the conversation.

"Yes, I suppose beating around the bush isn't the best way to go about this, is it?" Jasper's sister butted in, but Rosalie turned and gave her a stern look that made her seal her lips. Felicia looked panicked, so Jasper assumed his mother used some kind of compulsion on her. "My apologies, as you can see, some of my children aren't very ecstatic about this marriage," Rosalie bowed her head slightly. Jasper blinked slowly as he listened to the alpha, letting his words soak in for a couple seconds. Once he had process what Robert had said, he nodded. "I understand, she is important, just as I am," He stated. "That being said, my son is also the heir to become leader of the Raven Clan, he is important in our politics and keeping our coven safe from others who try to harm us. He is not just another vampire," Rosalie stated firmly. Jasper sighed and gave his mother a look, before he turned back to Robert with a curious expression. "So, if we were to get married, what exactly does that make me? The alpha's husband? I am not a power-hungry vampire, but I am curious what kind of power this gives me," He chose his words carefully, Jasper wasn't planning on making anyone angry. "Jasper," Rosalie sighed in exasperation.  

Charlie listened to everything that was said and remained quiet. She hadn't been happy with this earlier and was no closer to being happier about it now and knew she could make an already delicate situation worse by speaking up. It was better she let her father do all the talking - for now. She turned her attention to the female standing behind Jasper's chair and studied her closely. She obviously wasn't any happier about this as Charlie was. Rosalie's words only confirmed her thoughts. "I understand Jasper is just as important to your clan as Charlie is to the pack, which makes this a tricky situation." Robert folded his hands in his lap and paused for a moment to consider Jasper's question. "We keep the pack structure as simple as possible to avoid unnecessary complications. Charlie will hold the most power within the pack and as the alphas mate, or husband, you will as more of an adviser." Charlie carefully watched the vampires expressions for any change as her father spoke, especially Jasper's. "With that being said, you will take on her status as an alpha to the rest of the wolves and will be able to pull some power over the pack, but Charlie will always have the final say." Charlie knew her father was ready to give them the full history lesson on the subject and she was afraid he would put them all to sleep. "Father, they don't need a history lesson." She turned in her chair from her father to look directly at Jasper. "What he is trying to say, is it doesn't matter what I think about this marriage or alliance or whatever you want to call it. The pack needs to accept you before they will respect you as my husband." The word felt foreign in her mouth and she tried her hardest not to choke on it. "They are the ones that hold the true power. If the pack isn't happy, they will make an alpha's job a living hell." She could feel the shock coming of the two elders seated beside her in waves and her father closed his eyes after she'd finished. Charlie just sat back in her chair and waited. She knew she had a duty to her pack to make this work but it didn't mean she had to make it easy.

Jasper nodded as Robert spoke to him about the structure of the pack. It seemed simple enough, the heir of the 'throne' would have the most power, while the spouse would be an adviser of sorts. It would probably be working the same way with his clan. Charlie would have a hand in what happens to his coven, but she wouldn't directly be leading them as he would. Jasper smoothed his fingers through his hair and sat back in his seat, chuckling under his breath as Charlie butted in to what her father was saying. He let her speak her mind, watching her attentively while she spoke. "Well, I am a vampire, love. Of course they won't want to follow me, our species have been against one another for generations. They probably think we're having an all-out brawl in here right now, just like my coven at home thinks," He spread his fingers out on his lap, leaning forward slightly. "I'm not going to do anything that puts either of our clans in trouble, that is the point of the alliance. I know I have to earn my place, just like you will have to in the Raven Clan. My coven may look a bit separated at first since we don't all live together, but there will be hostility and fear when we marry. Quite simply put, we both are going to have issues with the different species. But we have to make it work, for vampires and werewolves to survive," Jasper stated, frowning. Rosalie nodded, satisfied with what her son has said. Jasper let out all his breath and watched Charlie and Robert for any reactions they might have.

She knew her father would have words with her after the meeting, and probably the two elders as well. They would berate her for her tone and choice of words. Lecturing her about diplomacy and her main focus should be on keeping the peace. She did agree to all of that. This marriage was going to happen, unless something terrible and unspeakable happened and caused an all out war between the werewolves and vampires. She was going to be spending the rest of her life with this vampire sitting across the room from her and it would only be a fraction of his lifetime. She doesn't want to hide behind a perfect little masquerade as her father would have. She straightened in her chair, Jasper's reply strangely satisfying. She gave him a small nod. "An alliance of this kind has never been successful in either of our histories and the only way I can see it working out is for us to take the first steps to building a bridge between our kinds." She turned to her father and gave him a look he knew all too well. "Charlie, I don't think that would be a good idea." He started and she smiled sweetly at him. "You are always telling me about the responsibilities of an alpha and I will take full responsibility for whatever consequences will come of this." Be they good or bad and she knew he was worried what would happen if her choice in the moment was to backfire. She waited, he was still alpha and had the final say whether she liked it or not. "Very well." Was all he said as he nodded. She turned back to Jasper a little smile turning the corners of her mouth upward. "There's something I'd like to show you, so you can have a better understanding of what you are walking into." She glanced over at Rosalie, thinking she'd better ask her permission before she took her son anywhere. "With your permission, of course."

Jasper watched for any sort of reaction to what he had said. He knew his mother approved because she didn't say anything to try to overshadow his words or take them back. Jasper clasped his fingers together and narrowed his eyes slightly when Charlie spoke to her father and gave him a strange look. He wasn't exactly sure what this girl had planned, if she was trying to scare him off or being genuinely honest about what she wanted to show. Either way, his mother would certainly want him to go, for the good of both of them. Jasper turned his head slightly, watching Rosalie bow her head slightly with a slight smile. "As long as my son isn't harmed physically or mentally, I'll allow it," She said with her calm demeanor. Jasper nodded as well, "Whatever you want to show me," He responded, standing. Jasper stretched out his arms and yawned, eyeing the werewolves as he moved around towards his guards. "Just stay here with my mother, I'll be fine," He murmured to them. Each nodded, except for Felicia. She scowled and crossed her arms. She clearly thought this was some kind of trap, but he just left her standing there. "Lead the way, love," He told Charlie.