Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Summer

Miserably Loving You [Mage_Anders & Snow]

Miserably Loving You 

A roleplay of Snow & Mage_Anders

Pairing

Prince x Prince 

Plot

It would seem that two families promised to wed their first born. So what happens when the two first born are both males? What more when they've had a secret relationship that ended with broken hearts. Will this serve as a second chance? Or will it merely bring heartbreak once more?

Character Sheets

Name:

Personality:

Biography:

Appearance:

Others:

Name: Alistair Wither

Personality: Alistair is the good son of the lot. He was first born, so he has all of the responsibilities on his shoulders. He had two other younger brothers that constantly dog him out and don't really respect him. Alistair can be soft spoken at times, not telling people what he does and doesn't like. But he's stubborn and knows when to make tough decisions. He is also quirky and likes to crack jokes sometimes. He is really kind to those around him though, and will definitely make a great king given the chance. Alistair trusts easily, and can wear his heart on his sleeve, but sometimes he has a hard time believing in things such as love or compassion.

Biography: Alistair Wither was born under King Frederick Wither and Queen Angelina Wither. Their marriage was arranged and his father isn't really loyal to his mother, but they stayed together to rule the kingdom and that's it. Alistair was raised by his mother and his grandmother. He was super close with his grandfather for most of his life, he died when Alistair turned 17. His grandpa taught him how to use a sword, how to cook, read and write. His mother smokes and drinks, but loves all her children deeply. Alistair never had a rough childhood besides not having his father in his life much and his mother helping rule the kingdom. His brothers are twins and were born when Alistair was four. Benjamin and Lawrence Wither. 

Appearance: At 17- f10fdbc0e42891de0c71149b8bfe4fcd--ginger-guys-ginger-hair.jpg

At 21- d6e56269fc499bb9b0dbc983f14126bd--red-heads-hot-men.jpg

Alistair is around 6 feet 2 inches tall. He is extremely lanky, but has a couple muscles from swordplay. He has fiery red hair that he got from his grandfather. It has mellowed out from when he was a kid, becoming almost auburn in his older age. He has light blue/grey eyes that are a stark difference from his hair color. When he was 17, he didn't have any facial hair, but when 21, he has grown out a goatee that extends to the side of his face. He has a peppering of freckles on his cheeks and nose, but they aren't too visible.

Others: None

Name:

"Just call me Nate. Only my parents ever call me by my full first name."

"Well, I'm celebrating my birthday in a few days. I heard that's also where I'll meet my soon to be spouse."

[21 years old but soon to be 22]

"Haha, funny. I'm male, obviously."

Personality:

At first, it would seem as if nothing's changed in terms of his personality. Nathaniel is still the same cheerful, playful and optimistic young man. However, underneath his smiles is a lonely person who keeps a distance from others despite appearing to be overly friendly. He's more matured and decisive compared to the past as well as less trusting of other people. "Everyone has their own agenda. Trusting others can only lead to one's downfall." He's become deceptive and deceitful, "I'm not so naive and gullible like I was in the past." The people approve of him, viewing him as charming, kind and friendly yet responsible and mature unlike his younger and more carefree self. He doesn't like to appear flawed and prefers to do things alone as well as hide how he feels and pretending nothing bothers him, "I am going to be king. I cannot let others see me be weak. How can they depend on me if they see how flawed I am?"

Biography:

Being the only son of King Michael Bertrand, Nathaniel was always pressured to do excel and do well. His relationship with his father is strained due to his uncaring attitude towards the crown and politics. "Well, I have my reasons." One is due to the fact that he does not have any competition towards the crown. Second is because he does not like how his father rules and often has clashing opinions. For him, decisions should benefit the whole kingdom but his father always focused on pleasing the aristocrats. He studied what he needed to but never had much enthusiasm in it. He learned to use all kinds of weaponry, both close and long ranged weapons. Everything that his father thought a king should have. "As you can see, I didn't really have much of a childhood."

His passive attitude changed when his mother, Queen Cecilia Bertrand, passed away. It was a painful event considering his mother was often his only ally and the one who taught him the values and to see things from the perspective of the people. "She was the one who told me to always strive to be a good king so I can serve the people." It didn't take long before his father remarried a woman named Mary Willis, one of the most influential and wealthy aristocrats. She has a son who was only a year younger than him and after a staged event where he almost lost his right to the crown, Nathaniel begun to take things seriously.

Appearance:

"This was me when I was 17. It was so long ago."

9b8c1339a0747457c805d0b8877e78fe.jpg

"And me now at 21 years old."

Matthew-matthew-daddario-39155940-391-50

Much to Nathaniel's despair, he did not grow as much as he would have wanted to. In the past four years, he only grew 4 inches and currently stands at the height of 5'11". He has a lean body due to constant exercise, training and a healthy diet - save for a few cheat days when it comes to sweets. His eyes are a chestnut color while his hair is a darker shade of brown and almost seemingly black. 

A young man walked through the town's bustling streets. It was a loud and crowded places where vendors were shouting about their wares and townspeople were talking with one another. The sky was sunny with a few clouds slowly moving to block the bright ball of light. Today was just another ordinary day. People who saw the young man waved and greeted him while some stopped to make conversation with him. Everyone knew who he was. Despite his appearance with his messy hair and simple black shirt and pants, he was actually the kingdom's only prince, Nathaniel Bertrand. He was generally well liked by people but it couldn't be helped that he would pass by some people gossiping and bad mouthing him. Some call him a slacker, saying he doesn't deserve the crown while others compared him to his father. Well, it was mostly the aristocrats that say such a thing. As usual, he pays them no mind. Why should he? It's not like they could actually do anything about him becoming king. 

With that in mind, he continued on his merry way. He ended up in the woods, the farthest place from the castle and practically the edge of the kingdom. It took about an hour of walking but he made it. He guessed his father would be livid knowing that he snuck out of the castle again without any of his guards but, well, he's well trained and always had his sword with him. 'Although for a mostly absent father, he cares a lot about what I do. Probably doesn't want me to ruin his image.' He thought as he continued walking and eventually, he settled with climbing a tree - in case someone comes looking for him, 'Not a lot of people ever look up' - and just resting there. It was near a lake where he liked to watch the water glisten. It was a beautiful sight. 

Alistair wasn't really sure where he was going. He was exhausted and grief-stricken. His grandfather was dying, there was nothing to save him. He had practically sprinted through town, not letting anyone stop him. Guards yelled after him and a few subjects tried to talk to him, but he wasn't having it. He still had on his training gear, not bothering to throw it off as he left. His grandfather was doing a swordsplay match with him, when he had a coughing fit that wouldn't stop. He had to be taken away by the guards, his body barely supporting him. Alistair fiercely wiped the tears streaming down his face, slowing down as he entered the forest that bordered the next kingdom.

Their kingdoms weren't enemies, so he didn't have any fear of being caught and held for ransom. So he stepped over the border and ended up by a small lake. He caught his breath next to it, letting his sob ring out throughout the empty forest. Alistair got down on his knees and splashed his face with water. He didn't want to go back. "I suppose I'll live out here in the forest for the rest of my life," He said to himself, letting his voice ring out in the woods. He stood up and dragged his hands down his face.

Nathaniel's plan was to take a short nap before heading back to the castle. It's not because he thought his father would be worried - he could care less what the older male thought - but because his mother might be worried about him. She was probably the only person in the kingdom that treats him like an ordinary person. Not a prince, not a successor, just him as Nathaniel. However, just as he was about to close his eyes, he heard footsteps. In an instant, he was awake and alert. His chestnut colored eyes scanned the area and waited for someone to appear. The footsteps were light so he assumed it wasn't a large person and it seemed to only be one. But, well, it never hurts to be safe. He didn't want to be chastised for coming home with wounds. Not that he thought he would. After all, he had plenty of faith in his skills as a fighter. 

It didn't take long before someone appeared and much to the prince's surprise, it was a young man that looked to be around his age. Although he'd rather die before someone saw him bawl his eyes out like the newcomer. 'Then again, I don't think he knows I'm here so I'll give him that.' Now he was faced with a choice. To let his presence be known or wait for the other to finish his drama and leave. Then again, the latter would be quite awkward if the other saw him just before leaving. Besides, he didn't like it when people cried so he wasn't about to just sit there and do nothing. 

"Sounds a tad over dramatic, don't you think?" He said with a slightly amused tone and one of his usual - charming, as he'd like to say - smiles as he went down the tree he was hiding in. "I mean, the forest's a beautiful place but it seems pretty lonely." He brought out a white handkerchief with his initials sewn on the side. "Sorry for intruding, but in my defense, I was here first. Anyway I couldn't help but notice you crying, so, here." He offered, as he approached the other.

Alistair wasn't expecting anyone to be in the forest except for a stray deer or small rabbit. To think there was actually a person in the forest made him shiver. He heard a couple leaves rustle, as well as a boy around his age climb down from a tree. Alistair furrowed his eyebrows and furiously wiped at his damp face. His eyes were probably still puffy and the boy probably still saw him crying anyways. At least he didn't seem to know who he was, so maybe he lived in this territory instead of his own?

"Being lonely is alright, because then you won't have your heart torn," He mumbled glumly. "At least I'd have the deer to talk too, yes?" He responded in an almost bitter tone. Though he wasn't aiming it towards the boy, he still felt a bit rude for it. He stood up and glanced at the person with his blue eyes. He sniffled, before gladly taking the handkerchief. He dabbed at his eyes and cheeks. "Thank you." After a couple moments, he handed back the cloth, "Why are you out here as well? Out of curiosity," He questioned, his voice still stuffy from crying. He sat down by the lake and began removing his sparring gear.

'Heart torn? Now that sounds more than just a tad overdramatic.' The other male's tone was a bit sharp when he talked about a deer, although Nathaniel paid no mind to it. Instead, he found it amusing and couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of talking to a deer for the rest of his days. "Well, I think it would be quite one sided if you only talk to a deer." It was refreshing how honest and easy it is to talk to the other. Not a lot of people have held an actual conversation with him because of his status. And, well, at least he didn't have to watch what he would say because of how it might affect his family's status. Then again, the boy seemed like a noble or a knight in training? A commoner would have no use for a sparring gear. 'Well, no matter. As long as he does not know who I am and I do not know him.' It was rare for him not to know anyone, he did his best to befriend every single one of his people, especially those who are not of noble birth. His mother always told him that the nobles would be fine on their own, it is those of a common birth that needs more support.

"You can keep it." Nathaniel told the young man, referring to the handkerchief. Honestly, he had plenty back in the castle and rarely uses them so losing one wouldn't be much. Besides, he thought that the other might need it more than he would. He isn't exactly the type to cry, his father would be disappointed - then again, what's new? - if he were to do so. He went closer to the lake, and the young man, before picking up small stones from nearby. He started to throw them into the lake, watching them bounce off the water's surface before finally falling in. "Me?" He thought about the question as he continued to absentmindedly skip stones. "Well, I find my life to be...suffocating so I come here when it becomes a bit too much." He answered before asking, "And you? What happened that you would rather live out the rest of your days in a forest? I'm sure you have a family that would miss you."

Alistair turned his head slightly, letting out a small smile, "I suppose you're right. But they don't need to talk back if I just want to explain my problems," He let out a heavy sigh and looked up at the sky. He curiously watched the man come over and gave him back the handkerchief. He stuffed it into his pant's pocket, nodding in thanks. Not that he needed it either, his father was in love with the things; Alistair would have plenty at home at his father's request. Never leave home without one, he would always say. He put all his gear in a neatly folded up pile, tossing his wooden sword on top for good measure. He took off his shoes and dipped his feet into the cool water, leaning back. "Yes you," He responded with a slightly amused tone, watching the young man skip rocks. 

"Suffocating, you say? Well, maybe you're the one who should be living out here. I'm sure the forest critters really are good company once you get to know them," He joked weakly. Alistair then swallowed hard and glanced back towards where his kingdom lied. "It's a long story. But my grandfather is dying. And there's nothing I can do-" He stopped short, clenching his fists and rubbing them against his forehead for a moment. He had an awful headache. "Family? Missing me? That's rich. My brothers would probably be overjoyed that I'm gone and would proceed to start fighting amongst themselves instead of teaming against me," He chuckled, imagining it. "So, I suppose you come from the territory we're on the outskirts of. I've never seen you before."