Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.

Hello, everyone! :) 

I thought I'd make this post to help anyone that is confused about making and submitting CYOs. 

First off, here are the basics:

Spoiler

First you need to find a base you'd like to use. You cannot just freehand these. Here is where you can pick a base: 

http://forums.petadoptables.com/index.php?/forum/45-psd-board/

To make a CYO you need a CYO brush. You can try and get a brush from The Wishing Wells or you can find them when mining sometimes!  

(You must have ZC to use The Wishing Wells.)

From The Wishing Wells or mining you can obtain an alted or non alted CYO brush. 

Non-alted means your pet can only have one color, while Alted means it can have up to 6 color variations! 

Your pet can have up to four levels (stages) with either brush! Though, it doesn't have to.

It can have anywhere between 1-4 levels (stages.)

(Baby, Child, Teen, Adult.) (Egg counts as level 0)

Example: Alt 1 of Colorful Storm Cat and it's stages.

(Egg) (Level 0)-->egg1completeff2SMALL.png.173d2eda4bf03000c9f208c4a97ecd00.png (Baby) (Level 1)-->babyalt1SMALL.png.7ea3649162778c30621089bbf9629c6b.png (Child) (Level 2)-->5a287789bc955_childalt1completeSMALL.png.ffc5d312041a44d74dee5f45cdb1f035.png

(Teen) (Level 3)-->teeneditCOMPLETEEditv2SMALL.png.7c3ee929f1ec3a5571899dcb73b866a7.png (Adult) (Level 4)-->adultCompleteoneSMALL.png.a426f78339e6bf26b0300e264e89b648.png

And here is the full set with all six different colorations: 

zz.png.b68ce20152f7dfaf46f770124b36fa70.png

You must also have access to one of the following drawing programs: 

GIMP (Which is free.)

Pixlr (Which is also free.)

Adobe Photoshop

Paint Tool Sai.

I personally use Paint Tool Sai. :) 

How to format your images for the CYO:

Spoiler

Okay, once you finish coloring your CYO you must make sure of some things.

1. Your images must have a transparent background.

2. Your images must be 100x100 or 150x150. Any smaller or bigger isn't allowed. 

3. Your images must be .png files. 

And finally, how to submit it! 

Spoiler

Firstly, you need to submit a name for your CYO here: http://www.petadoptables.com/custompet.php?do=color

Make sure you select the right brush with the name!

If you select a regular, non-alted CYO Brush then you'll only be able to upload one alt! 

Once it is approved, it'll say approval granted. You should get a notification when that happens.

When that does happen, you can start adding the images for your CYO.

Click where is says Approval Granted on this page: http://www.petadoptables.com/custompet.php?do=color

You need to go to Create New CYO and select it.

The first thing you'll be asked to do is upload the egg, which is pretty simple. 

Just make sure you read "How to format your images for the CYO" above. Also, make sure you're sure you uploaded the right thing before submitting.

You won't be able to change it afterwards.

Once you've uploaded the egg, go to "Add Levels to CYO." 

This CYO only has one level, so I'm only adding one! 

When adding levels, use Alt 1.

Example: I uploaded Alt 1, level 1. 

If you have more than one level, continue to use Alt 1 for the levels. 
Example:

Alt 1, Level 2 

Alt 1, Level 3

and so on. 

Don't add more levels than you have/need. 

1.png.504d286b5854fd0749861aeb4a14ad7e.png

Next, go to "Add Alts to CYO" and select your CYO.

Once there, you'll be brought here.

The Alt 1 I submitted for "Level 1" shows up first.

See how all the different alts I uploaded are beside the 1 on the left? Well, that's because they're Level 1 alts.

(They're beside the 50 on the right because it takes 50 clicks for a pet to reach level 1. Also, notice how the eggs are Level 0.)

If you're uploading a CYO with more than one Level (Stage), you will upload Level 2 images next to the 2, Level 3 images next to the 3, and so on.

But, since these only have one Level, those other levels aren't listed. 

If your pet has less than 6 alts, then upload those and leave the rest blank. 

3.png.ab0a4e2a089be95dc415be7ef7189dfb.png

Once you're done with all of that you can scroll down and submit your CYO! 

Once submitted you must wait for it to be approved. Once it is approved you'll receive a notification with a code. 

You can redeem the pets here: http://www.petadoptables.com/promo.php

5.png.f66258e72279aad740ad61ee7bf1f12f.png

Alright, I believe I covered everything! If anyone has any further questions, please ask! 

I know it's a bit confusing. It's still a bit confusing for me. 

Once I make another fully staged and alted CYO I'll probably update this post and try and explain that a bit better. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kaylercool
      This is just an image I thought I'd post onto the image gallery in case anyone didn't see the post about the free Christmas CYOs I'm giving away.
      Here's the link to where you can get some of these for free: 

Please don't ask for them on this image. Just go to the post, read it, and then comment on the post, please.  
    • By Kaylercool
      The same rule applies for these CYOs. If get one from me you may NOT resell them. If you decide you no longer want them, send them back to me.
      Here's the post for full details:

The Spooky Marionette Cat is for sale now (300 ZC)!  I've only posted a few examples of the possible alts for each here, so be sure to check out the post. I cannot 100% guarantee alts, but I may be able to some. 
      The Collector Ghoul Kitsune is not here yet, but hopefully it will be soon! (It's actually somewhat transparent, but you can't really tell against a white background.) I had been working on this one for a while now, I'm glad I finally got around to finishing it! It will cost 450 ZC.

• By Jade
      --Jade's Weekly AR Drop--
      Hello and welcome to my AR drop thread! I have been doing AR drops for quite some time now as well as AR cyo's and have gathered quite the collection of AR content! I mostly post CYO's I create for the AR here. Each cyo is either made by me or commissioned and its only purpose is for the AR I don't sell them so please don't bother asking! All pets can be found in the AR or obtained by donating.
      Click us please!!!!
      For every 100 clicks one of these pets below gets, I will drop a special Click generated AR CYO. These cyo's are only dropped after 100 clicks are added onto the pet the cyo was created for... so if you want to see more pets, go ahead and give them a click!

Below are the current Click generated AR Cyo's available.
      Donate 50 or MORE pets to the Weeky drop and you get one Keeper of Sygal in exchange!
      CYO's Currently in Rotation:
      These are the CYO's that are currently available for AR drops! Each week I drop a couple of each pet into the AR! These pets will be released for the AR until the limit is reached.

Retired AR CYO's:
      These are the AR cyo's I've hit the limit on, if you would like to see one of these put back into rotation you can always donate ZP to fund a potion!

WIPs
      These are some of the CYO's waiting to be produced, sometimes I just need to finish the art or am waiting until I have enough ZP to get the cyo on site! You can also donate 2 ZP to help get the cyo moving along and you get one of the pet when its released!
      Suggestions?:
      If there are certain pets you;'d like to see in the next AR drop just post below and I can usually get a few for the next drop. And feel free to suggest any ideas or cyo ideas!
      Have AR CYO suggestions? Just go to this thread here.
      Donate?:
      2ZP -- 1 AR CYO
      5 ZP -- 3 AR CYO's

Also feel free to post the AR CYO's you guys find I would love to see where some of them end up!
    • By Zoelle
      looking for someone to commission to help make a CYO I had an idea for, I have a few pictures and if you are interested PM me!

Post guide
      1. Intro
      2. CYOs (I don't think I will ever make customs)
      3. For Sale
      4. Alt Swaps

Intro for CYOs
      I just started making CYOs and my first one just got approved so I decided to create a shop. I have more CYOs, just looking for ZP so I can make them private probably never going to get the ZP to make them private so I'm making them all Egg Drop pets. Feel free to swap/trade if you don't get the alt you are looking for. I've never really messed around with photoshop before but I'm trying my best and viewing a bunch of tutorials so I hope to get better

Some quick rules for CYOs: (please read)
      ☾Please don't resell the CYOs you buy from me
      ☾You can trade the CYOs with me or someone else (since they are Egg Drop, I can't control what alt I give you so it is perfectly fine if you want to swap for another egg)
      ☾The artist is always myself
      ☾I'm willing to swap CYOs/Customs so just ask 
      ☾Mention gender while posting (or you can just say any gender is fine)
      ☾I come online daily (unless I'm busy) so I should be able to get your order the next day
      ☾I will mention on my forum profile if I'm going to be away so bear with me if you don't get your order immediately

• By Zoelle
      Hey guys! So I just coloured a CYO and I need help naming it:

I'm probably going to make alts later on if I'm not too busy.
      If your name gets chosen, you can have one once they are in the game
      Suggestions:
      Night Howler (Lilytora) Winding Vine (Lilytora) Through the Vine (Lilytora) Vine Keeper (Lilytora) Nightshade (Creus)  
      If I have more CYOs that I need help naming I'm going to post them here
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Recent Status Updates

• Kaylercool

I feel like something needs to be done about some of the pets recently added into the bazaar. 
      I know that this has been a problem for a long while now, but it's just getting worse. The bazaar is being crowded with so many overly priced pets that it's hard to even navigate it anymore. 
      I get wanting to make some profit, but when you put pets in the bazaar for 20,000 ZC they're just going to sit there and take up space, making it harder to find other pets.
      I don't think anyone in their right mind is going to pay 20,000 ZC for a pet even if it's super rare. I don't think most people are even willing to pay up to 1,000 ZC for a pet in there. 
      Also, so many newer users that don't know how much pets are worth yet are just burning through their ZC because of it. 
      If you see any pets that are severely overpriced, please take a moment to flag them so newer users don't get ripped off. I flag overly priced pets all the time, but just one flag isn't going to fix anything. Pets need 10 flags to be taken down. 

· 1 reply
    • CaitlynMellark

@Whoever is the one randomly hatching my eggs for free, thank you ^^ It helps clear out my eggs a bit
      · 0 replies
    • CaitlynMellark

Here is my monthly (?) reminder that if anyone has any of the pets on my Wishlist, I would like to buy/trade for them! ^^ I am willing to save up ZC!
      · 0 replies
    • Kaylercool

To anyone who has DeviantArt, you should definitely add me on there. I'm trying to become a little more active on there.  
      https://kalonkittiekat.deviantart.com/ 
      I wish I could change my username on there because I don't particularly care for it anymore. I don't know why I didn't go with Kaylercool. I've been using Kaylercool as a username basically since I discovered the internet.
      · 0 replies
    • tomomi

Wow, the post service here in Austria sucks sooo hard. I chose EMS shipping because everyone always says its so safe and awesome and whatever. And then I get a package today, that is completely wet and has 2 freaking holes. And the freaking postman says "it's not our fault, if it's broken you have to send it back". Like hell I would do that!!! The Japanese post service would NEVER treat packages like that! It's your goddamn fault and no one else's for letting packages stand around in the rain or snow!! Lucky for them the figure box and the figure herself aren't wet or broken. Thank you AmiAmi for putting so much protection in the box! Seriously, everyone always complains about that, but without it I'm pretty sure the outer box of the figure would have been soaked as well. God, I hate the post service so much. Even more than Customs, which also suck pretty bad. >_<
      · 2 replies