Chatbox

Please follow the Chatbox rules! Keep all discussions family-friendly and no spam. You're welcome to post links to your pets for clicks!
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Cake

PA Improvements INCOMING - post your suggestions HERE!

@Jadespets There were some plushies a few years ago, some created after custom pets. A few of them were even prices for premium membership. I don't remember why, but they were suddenly taken down. I would love to see this option back with a lot of new plushies... They could be random encounters like the fossils. Or even something for a daily log in to the main site. Every 5 or 10 days you log in in a row you could get a random plushie...

I got another Small suggestion.

When I first started playing PA there was like a clicking competition and you were able to team up with friends or people you didn't know and the team who clicked the most pets would get a cool pet as a reward. I loved that so maybe you could bring that back or maybe add more daily competitions (I love competitions it motives me to do things)

You know how when you make a CYO its called Egg Drop maybe you could make it where it says CYO somewhere just because it makes it easier to remember what a cyo and what not. And maybe you could even change it to the person who made it username so people would know who made it and where to find one if they wanted it and didn't have a forum account.

But that's all I got at the moment.

-Thanks, also I'm loving the new notification bar 

More suggestions~!

1. I'd like it if more CYO bases were added ^^ Not really a main site thing, but I think it'd add more variety of CYOs besides the normal Birman Cats (which I still would personally use just because... <<<<3) & such.

2. I mentioned it on my first post, & I will mention it again just for the sake of other people seeing it. I hope there is a fix to RNG for events like the Christmas event. I remember losing 200 of the rarest candy three times in a row, & I just cannot imagine how a child could take that. I am an adult & I still am upset. Especially since I can't just get 600 candies back instantly.

3. I am loving everyone's plushie idea. I am not a big fan of collectables in games, but if it was something like the fossil mechanic, I think it'd be great!

4. Speaking of fossils, I think new fossils should be added, or them be rotated randomly. Maybe they do that now, but I have NEVER seen any fossils on my screen besides the normal ones, but I have seen many people with other variants of fossil pets! Maybe they are older, but I think it'd be nice to have them switch around randomly each time you see it. Of course, it's still a random chance of actually GETTING the fossil, but atleast you'll have more to look forward to than just Irish Elk, California Bears, etc ^^

Edit: Speak of the devil, I found another fossil pet. However, this was in a box, so my suggestion still stands on the thought of rotating the fossil animals.

Oh boy yes please!

1. Abandoned Room exclusive pets. These won't be crazy rare, just some pets that you'll only be able to obtain from the Abandoned Room.

2. Click events. This will be like the loosely like the pageants, but you can enter yourself in for free, and try get the most clicks before the event concludes. It can either be daily, weekly or whatever. Basically you enter before it starts, then when it starts, there'll be a timer and you can start clicking peoples pets for points.

3. Plushies, and there can be a gallery that you can submit your plushies in and basically collect them. You can easily find them by mining, clicking pets, visiting a page, ect. You'll receive them as a little trinket, then you can use it to summon a plushie. You'll receive a prize if you collect them all, or reach a certain amount. Of course, plushies will have different rarities, like Very Common, Common, Rare, Super Rare and Legendary. 

4. Summoning Items. Yesyes I love these, so maybe there could be a "golden staff" which could attract Egyptian-based pets. You can find summoning items by mining, finding them hiding around the site and other interesting places. 

5. Teams. I see things like this, I've seen things like at the start of the game, you'll be sorted into a random team and you'll stay on that team. There can be all sorts of events held for teams to compete, and the winning team can have like, a random pet or something. 

6. Lots of support for the easier ways to earn ZC. Also some other ways to get brushes!

Thats all for now uwu

I have a few more suggestions here! 

1. Let us add more editors to a post. 

Some posts could be easier to be kept up if more than one person could edit it. The person that creates it could add whoever they trusted. Of course, the one that made the post would have more power though. 

This could be useful for posts similar to @cinnamonapples's Click Wall

2. New pet prizes from contests.

Someone has probably already touched on this, but I can't stress how much I'd like this. I only really enter contests for the ZC since I've collected most of the pets available from pageants at this point. 

Different pets, or even contest exclusive pets would be nice. 

^^ These are lit <3 !!! ~ :D

Also I forgot to mention a few things after I posted once before! <3 ~

1. The ability to arrange Avatar Pageant items yourself (even Pet but Avatar is way more important in my experience) or you can have them automatically go together by name ~ either would be a great fix to what it is now ~ ! <3 :D 

(in 'Accessories' I have probably 43 pages (Some others are like 15-20) & if you are on a time limit it's hard to go through & find what you need (I have mine pretty memorized by now but this would help! <3) & also if you don't know if you already have a certain item it can save you some ZC by not accidentally buying it again ! <3 & then being like 'dang I must have it somewhere & overlooked it :c' & then having to find it because you didn't see it before ! <3 Happened a couple of times! :c (cus new items come in at the end when you buy them so if you buy something 'again' it doesn't show up because you already have it even though you thought you didn't or couldn't find it :P ~ <3) It would just help to know what you have before you go searching for something new! <3 ~ I still think that new items you buy should pop up at the end of the list at first (til you can hopefully move them) because it's helpful but give the ability to rearrange yourself or put them in order of names/what they are! <3 ~

2. More anonymity in Pet & Avatar Pageants would be great (I remember a post a year ago about this <3) ~

Just having 'Vote' instead of displaying the number of votes it has & maybe it can be revealed 2-3 hours before the pageant ends or even til normal time (mostly the first suggestion of no display of votes :3) ~ <3 It'd also add a more surprise element to the pageants/winners & would make it so that votes don't sway members just because it's the highest voted so far or has no votes! <3 ~ They'd actually choose what they liked/what they thought fit the theme best instead of the pressure of what everyone else thinks ~ <3

Spoiler

"From SwiftTalon: I have a few suggestions that may help boost the anonymity and voting honesty of the pageants, and frankly I think it would make it more interesting.

I think the idea of hiding the number of votes on pets/avatars till Midnight would be a nice change, that way the voting is more based off of the: 

On 6/30/2016 at 3:47 PM, Lone Wolf said:

shouldn't be able to see how many votes the entries have during the pageant. That way people won't be able to vote for an avatar "just because it's leading" or "because it has the least votes", they'd be voting for the one they like the most instead ~ Thanks to @Disasterpiece for this add on"

3. Two separate Avatar/Pet Pageants depending on how long you've been on the site ~

I believe if you are new there is no way to win pageants against those who have been able to buy items/pets for months or years now ~

The newer players should have their own pageants (maybe for less of a prize/ZC) so they can compete & have a chance to win! <3

Maybe let it expire after you've been on the site for 2-3 months & then you can enter the other? ~ or they can 'choose' which to enter ~ not sure how it'd exactly work but just an idea I think is important/throwing it out there ! <3 ~

~*~ ♡ ~*~ ♡ ~*~

Number 1 & 3 are more important in this list than 2 <3 ~ :D Number 1 being the most beneficial & 3 would just be neat for new members to have a fighting chance with the ZC they have/save ! <3 ~ I remember when I first started entering pageants (I still do it now even and did for a longgg time :P) You end up spending your savings/more than what the pageant is worth just to buy items and having a chance to win ~ I think this would be great for members who are 1-3 months new <3 ! ~ Same theme, smaller prize & just for those who are new & don't have the $$$ to enter/compete with those who have been here for longer/have items! <3) 

~*~ ♡ ~*~ ♡ ~*~

The new Egg Drop & notification bar is phenomenal @Cake !!! <3 ~ (Only suggestion for notifications is to get a notification for when someone comments back on a trade <3 ~)

but so far the renovations have been amazing & I commend you greatly for it ! <3 ~ Thank you sooo much! <3 :D 

Here's my ideas

1. I would love to see a better way to earn money. It's so hard for me to do so.

2. I would love if breeding was free.

3. Albino, Melanistic, and Leucistic variations would be nice.

4. Maybe a better sorting system in some way with sorting different types of pets/animals/adoptables.

5. Games would be nice. Like a way to explore an area and have a chance to get a certain adoptable from that certain area, examples: 

Arctic area:                          Safari Area:          Swamp Area:                     Plains Area:

• Polar Bear               Giraffe                          Frog                                Mustang
  • Penguin                    Zebra                            Alligator                        Deer

Ect. Maybe only be able to explore each area every 3 hours or so

That's just some ideas and some things I would like to see! I will probably love anything the Pet Adoptables Coders do though. 

Btw - Love the new egg drop!!

@Cake One thing i would like to be changed on the new egg drop is that pets have to be like a few months old before they are released into it. When my angelic pups first came out only a week after they were already in the eggs drop so its hard to sell because they are now super common. I'm happy to see my old CYO Akinobu is in there but my new cyos i'd rather not be in there for a bit.

Oh, this has been brought back? Would be a shame if I... COMMENTED!!

But yes, I agree wirh Kirito's suggestion ^^ They aren't the only one to have been hit with the new CYO egg drop problem... The owner of Pastel Kittens & Pizza Pup also was ;; While it is nice to see CYOs in the egg drop, brand new ones should definitely take a month or two so that the owner can try to sell some before they get dropped

Another thing I wanted to suggest was maybe having a mod/admin role focused on watching over the Bazaar... While the Bazaar gets monitored somewhat by players, the 10 flag limit is either too high, or it just doesn't work ;; That Water Dragon egg at 999999 is truly bothersome... Of course, it is a free market on Bazaar/Auction, but bids like that definitely should be monitored & removed.

Speaking of admins/mods, I think it would be great to update the Staff Page on forums. Yes, admins/mods might come back after years (god knows I did xD), but as of this moment, they don't mean anything to the community. They can't help moderate things, can't make little events (like what Kitkat does), can't welcome new members, etc.

To go along with the previous point, I think it would be great to hire new admins/mods. ...No I am not just saying that just because I want to be a mod/admin. This site is becoming more active; which is to be expected. Of course, there aren't hundreds of users on every day, so we don't need a million mods/admins, but from where I see it; we have 1 active mod & two active admins (not including Cake & Bob). tomomi, Kitkat, & Dashy. And they are amazing people, but their lives do also get busy, so it might be nice to bump up that staff just a smidge. I could be wrong though, & there are many more active staff I don't see, & I am sorry if I missed you ^^'

Finally, I suggest a small feature for CYO/Customs. Yes, you can choose genders & alts (if private) & all that, but individually redeeming each egg of 50 is exhausting... I think it would be beneficial to add a little option to choose how many you want of a specific gender/alt/etc.

Ex. All fifty of your public CYO pet are males. The little menu has you say male (like normal), but then another little menu asks how many you want, you put "50", & 50 male eggs go right to your room!

It could be the same with private CYOs/Customs, except add on the alt menu, & you're set! ^^

Alright, so I have a couple of ideas! I thought I might as well throw them out there. (Part 1/2 because the forum doesn't like my post)

Mostly, I'd like existing features to be refined and new ones to be added, like minigames.

Mining is pretty boring, sometimes you get more interesting stuff, but there was a lot more to it before- and also, I have this trap that I can't even use! I think bringing back a simple method of capturing pets would be nice, like just using the trap and setting it out (probably should forget the darts thing because it was complicated). I mean, the text when you mine still says to not forget about checking your mine for limited edition pets... If you're not gonna bring it back, at least that should be updated. I also feel like the hired help isn't worth it, because if you're not mining all day and you're only making a handfull of ZC from the mine anyways, I wouldn't think that you're going to make that 100 zc back every day. It would be interesting if it was something like passive income, where they would mine for you on a similar energy timer as you have, and you're still able to mine with your own energy as well. 

Breeding is one big thing everyone wants some new stuff in! Especially timers. I think everyone agrees that they want a timer of how long the breeding will take. 

Also, a lot of pets are marked as "retired" but you can still get them? The retired ranking system, as well as the rarity system, should be changed. I think that like others have said, CYOs should give more credit to the artist even when they end up in the egg drop. For example, I know Kirito has made the Akinobu: http://www.petadoptables.com/levelup.php?id=1122982 but it doesn't say that anywhere, nor does it say that it's even a CYO. This is also an example of a "retired" pet that isn't really "Retired." 

Like others have said, a lottery, or daily reward, or something like that would be nice and give an incentive for logging in more. Another thing I agree with is that we should have the click nursery work for those who are active, or make it so that it's only pets that people PUT in, maybe selecting a certain level (with pictures??) that they want to level it up to, and they can only have so many "goal levels" in the nursery at once. So they can't just put a ton of pets to level up and have them in there forever, but they could put in a bunch of eggs to only hatch! I'm thinking 10 levels as a baseline, so they could only HATCH 10 eggs, or hatch + completely level up 5 pets that have a "baby/hatched" stage and an "adult/fully grown" stage. 

(Part 2/2) In general, more fun things to do on the website and more ways to earn ZC (MINIGAMES!!) would be amazing. It might be possible to bring back ones you had before, or make new ones, but I don't have any ideas at the moment xD just basic things that you can find often, like different matching games and stuff, just petadoptables themed. 

Being able to communicate on the main website would be nice... Communicating through trades is hard! If there is a way to add someone else's pets to a trade, I don't know how, but if there isn't, that would be nice. Also, from the beginning I've kind of wished that the accounts were connected, so that you'd have the same account for the main website and the forum, but that's probably too complicated to do now xD

Sorting pets on a profile page is also weird, because you can only really sort the first page (like sorting them by ID, ascending/descending). If you click the numbersat the bottom to go to the next page, it won't keep the sorting. If you go to the second page and try to sort, it will send you back to the first page. I also believe that if you try to sort a certain room, it will go to the main room anyways. Fixing these sorting options would be really nice.

It's also hard to manage pets in certain ways- for example, the "hide from breeding room" option only seems to be on the old my pets page. Sorting them so that they always appear in a certain order in different rooms would be nice- like always having a room always show up as sorted by ID ascending... I did this manually, haha. And whenever a pet would be added to that room, it would be sorted that way! So a new pet with a higher ID number would placed at the bottom/end of the room, or a pet from a trade that has a lower ID number would be placed between two pets that have a higher and lower ID number. Also, if you could choose a sorting option for different rooms, that would be cool too. Make sure manual sorting is still an option though!! 

Thanks, to whoever reads this. Even the forum doesn't like how much I'm posting xD

Another suggestion by....! Me.

it's minor, but I think that it would be nice to change the eggs on the first page

When you click on them, it takes you to the register page

But what if I just wanna figure out what pet it is!

This applies to the "Newest Pets on PA" section & the "Custom Pets on PA" section

There is already a register button, so I suggest changing the link to the Color Almanac page for each egg! This, of course, might not work with Newer Pets since their Almanac pages take a month, so I would suggest just putting their name on it instead!

Example: Flicker Fox appears in the Customs section

You click on it

It takes you to the Flicker Fox Color Almanac Page!

I don't know if that suggestion has been made yet, but I would LOVE to be able to save outfits I created for my avatar. Something like having a 'look book' where you are putting together an outfit, then click on 'save it' and add it to your personal file so you could already dress up in a complete outfit at a later date. :)

I think this would come in especially handy for people who have hundreds of items worth of clothing and just want to go for a specific look they have already created in the past.

15 hours ago, CaitlynMellark said:

Another suggestion by....! Me.

it's minor, but I think that it would be nice to change the eggs on the first page

When you click on them, it takes you to the register page

But what if I just wanna figure out what pet it is!

This applies to the "Newest Pets on PA" section & the "Custom Pets on PA" section

There is already a register button, so I suggest changing the link to the Color Almanac page for each egg! This, of course, might not work with Newer Pets since their Almanac pages take a month, so I would suggest just putting their name on it instead!

Example: Flicker Fox appears in the Customs section

You click on it

It takes you to the Flicker Fox Color Almanac Page!

100000% yes!
So many times I scroll through the main page, end up at the random pets selection on the bottom and even though I know better, I still click on the eggs in hope of being taken to their almanac page :D
It would even help to just add the pets names when you hover over the egg with the mouse, just so we can figure out what all these awesome eggs are! :D

• The ability to add more than one pet to the Bazaar at a time.
  • The ability to rename your pet rooms so that you don't have to delete and readd.
  • Add more breedable pets.
  • Make the mine more profitable and make it a daily thing instead of an hourly thing. Say ten clicks a day, but make the ZC earned in the hundreds or thousands instead of 1-5 crystals per click.

I'm loving all the new updates so far. So exciting!

On 3/12/2018 at 1:23 PM, tomomi said:

Please bring back messaging on the main site. Or the comments we had on our profile pages. Or just any way to communicate over there. Not everyone has or wants a Forum account. And talking with people through sending trades is exhausting and gets confusing. xD

I agree with this statement.

I also miss the message wall that we used to have too :) I felt like it brought us closer as a community.

I would love to see the click nursery go back to the way it used to be. We used to be able to choose which pets the credits would be used on and I think that was good. I don't use the new click nursery because I dislike the fact that you cannot choose which pet the credit gets used on and I don't want to have to go and freeze all my pets before having to click in there.

I would also love to see the profile have an introduction area again. Like you could have the little blurb about yourself on your profile for when people view it.